April 8, 2009
I got an email this morning from the lady that was taking Lily the letter. Turns out the letter didn't translate so well. Baba which is what Chinese children call their dad translated in character to yeast rice cake. That gave me a good laugh. Can you imaging if I had sent that:
Love, Yeast rice cake ( I can just imagine their faces)
But then we got the best surprise. One of the members who have adopted from Lily's orphanage ( just recently- the one who took the pictures for us) offered to have her mom look at it. Then all of a sudden it is in my inbox. Translated. A translation I know I can trust. I am just amazed at how awesome the adoption network is. You just cannot imagine all the support. It is great.
I would post the letter in Chinese. But I cannot figure out how to do it, sorry. I wish I could because it is so cool!
Love, Yeast rice cake ( I can just imagine their faces)
But then we got the best surprise. One of the members who have adopted from Lily's orphanage ( just recently- the one who took the pictures for us) offered to have her mom look at it. Then all of a sudden it is in my inbox. Translated. A translation I know I can trust. I am just amazed at how awesome the adoption network is. You just cannot imagine all the support. It is great.
I would post the letter in Chinese. But I cannot figure out how to do it, sorry. I wish I could because it is so cool!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
- 2014 (9)
- 2013 (1)
- 2012 (24)
- 2011 (116)
- 2010 (78)
-
2009
(119)
- December(9)
- November(12)
- October(12)
- September(7)
- August(3)
- June(4)
- May(8)
-
April(19)
- Travel Update
- Jesus Loves Me (see below)
- Drums and Bugs
- New Pictures
- Two
- I always find the best things on other peoples blo...
- Sunny
- Itinerary for China
- Bass
- Pictures!
- Shattered Dreams
- Catch up
- Easter Bunny by the Numbers
- Funny Story
- We do not have our official itinerary yet and prob...
- On Lily
- Our babies
- Gimme a T, Gimme a A !
- High Hopes
- March(14)
- February(17)
- January(14)
- 2008 (126)
- 2007 (1)
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

2 people joined the party:
Yay for the translated letter! I think we should make B's mom an official member of our Yahoo group!
Blessings~
Tina
Wonderful!