April 19, 2009
My uncle asked if we wanted his 40 gallon fish tank. My first reaction was, NO WAY! I had visions of little boys playing rough upstairs and 40 gallons of water ending up all over the floor. They begged and pleaded and I gave in. My dad took them to get it over spring break. I had envisioned some colorful fish with pretty gravel, a tropical backdrop and some cool sunken treasure or ships on the bottom. My children had other plans. They simply wanted to go across the road and catch some fish out of the pond and put them in the tank. After I let go of my idea of the perfect fish tank I embraced theirs. This is exactly what they wanted and I have to admit, I kind of like it too!
So instead of this:
Five striped Bass they caught (with daddies help) all by themselves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
- 2014 (9)
- 2013 (1)
- 2012 (24)
- 2011 (116)
- 2010 (78)
-
2009
(119)
- December(9)
- November(12)
- October(12)
- September(7)
- August(3)
- June(4)
- May(8)
-
April(19)
- Travel Update
- Jesus Loves Me (see below)
- Drums and Bugs
- New Pictures
- Two
- I always find the best things on other peoples blo...
- Sunny
- Itinerary for China
- Bass
- Pictures!
- Shattered Dreams
- Catch up
- Easter Bunny by the Numbers
- Funny Story
- We do not have our official itinerary yet and prob...
- On Lily
- Our babies
- Gimme a T, Gimme a A !
- High Hopes
- March(14)
- February(17)
- January(14)
- 2008 (126)
- 2007 (1)
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

0 people joined the party: