April 16, 2009
I have been meaning to post but I am so busy. Tonight I take the time because I am too exhausted to do anything else and I am waiting on a Boy Scout Class A uniform to wash and dry for Noah's backpacking trip this weekend. He loves this and it so nice to see him passionate about something. This is one area where we do not have to remind him and stay on him about doing things, he does it all independently. Last time he bought some very yucky and somewhat expensive freeze dried food. This time he is going to live on Ramen noodles and Grits ( yes we are southern!). They are lightweight, easy to cook and he likes them. I will be sure to have him a good meal when he gets home Sunday!
Tonight Wyatt was praying at bedtime. He almost always prays for the same things; Lily, the children who don't have food and no mommies and daddies, Jackson (a friend at school that hurt his head) etc. He didn't seem to want to stop praying so he started trying to come up with things. Finally with his last sentence he said, "and help Mason stop saying bad words". Mmmm now that was a good one. Seems my youngest has the biggest potty mouth. He picks up on these words and uses them a lot more than I can stand. Dum dum, stupid, and dummy seem to be his favorites. I cannot get him to stop. I have tried all the other tactics I used with my older kids that worked but they don't on him. Part of the problem is that he has been exposed to them at a much younger age than they were and so he just doesn't quite understand (i think) what he is saying. I guess Wyatt has added another great prayer request to his line up...maybe that will help.
Today as I was driving I realized that in 22 days I will be on a flight heading to China. As my 3 year old would put it, 22 days is not a lot. I agree and I can't wait.
Tomorrow I have to go to a Neonatal Loss class. I am sort of, kind of dreading it. I am afraid I will get emotional and that it will bring old emotions from when we lost our little girl in pregnancy. I have been preparing myself mentally so I am hoping I will be okay. I have been warned to bring tissues. I have not had a patient with a neonatal loss yet but I have watched another nurse take care of a precious little 22 week old baby that had died. It was not as scary as I was afraid it was going to be. Neonatal Loss is one of the hardest things as a L&D nurse I will have to deal with. I will never forget the first time I was in a patients room when they found out their baby was dead, we couldn't find a heart beat, I knew just how devastating that was. As a nurse you feel helpless. There is nothing you can do or say to make it better.
I know this post is all over the place, this is just what is on my mind tonight. The shirt is done and I am tired so off to bed I go! Good night!
Tonight Wyatt was praying at bedtime. He almost always prays for the same things; Lily, the children who don't have food and no mommies and daddies, Jackson (a friend at school that hurt his head) etc. He didn't seem to want to stop praying so he started trying to come up with things. Finally with his last sentence he said, "and help Mason stop saying bad words". Mmmm now that was a good one. Seems my youngest has the biggest potty mouth. He picks up on these words and uses them a lot more than I can stand. Dum dum, stupid, and dummy seem to be his favorites. I cannot get him to stop. I have tried all the other tactics I used with my older kids that worked but they don't on him. Part of the problem is that he has been exposed to them at a much younger age than they were and so he just doesn't quite understand (i think) what he is saying. I guess Wyatt has added another great prayer request to his line up...maybe that will help.
Today as I was driving I realized that in 22 days I will be on a flight heading to China. As my 3 year old would put it, 22 days is not a lot. I agree and I can't wait.
Tomorrow I have to go to a Neonatal Loss class. I am sort of, kind of dreading it. I am afraid I will get emotional and that it will bring old emotions from when we lost our little girl in pregnancy. I have been preparing myself mentally so I am hoping I will be okay. I have been warned to bring tissues. I have not had a patient with a neonatal loss yet but I have watched another nurse take care of a precious little 22 week old baby that had died. It was not as scary as I was afraid it was going to be. Neonatal Loss is one of the hardest things as a L&D nurse I will have to deal with. I will never forget the first time I was in a patients room when they found out their baby was dead, we couldn't find a heart beat, I knew just how devastating that was. As a nurse you feel helpless. There is nothing you can do or say to make it better.
I know this post is all over the place, this is just what is on my mind tonight. The shirt is done and I am tired so off to bed I go! Good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
- 2014 (9)
- 2013 (1)
- 2012 (24)
- 2011 (116)
- 2010 (78)
-
2009
(119)
- December(9)
- November(12)
- October(12)
- September(7)
- August(3)
- June(4)
- May(8)
-
April(19)
- Travel Update
- Jesus Loves Me (see below)
- Drums and Bugs
- New Pictures
- Two
- I always find the best things on other peoples blo...
- Sunny
- Itinerary for China
- Bass
- Pictures!
- Shattered Dreams
- Catch up
- Easter Bunny by the Numbers
- Funny Story
- We do not have our official itinerary yet and prob...
- On Lily
- Our babies
- Gimme a T, Gimme a A !
- High Hopes
- March(14)
- February(17)
- January(14)
- 2008 (126)
- 2007 (1)
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

2 people joined the party:
It would be so hard to go to that class. I hope that everything goes all right.
Soon, you'll be with your little girl! 22 days isn't long at all.
Blessings,
Sarah
Three weeks and counting!! Twenty one days is not a lot! Praying that the Lord would prepare Lily's heart as the time nears for her to leave . . . and that He would be with you Jennifer, as you prepare to meet your daughter for the very first time. I am so excited for you!
I hope that your class wasn't too hard on you. What a roller coaster of emotions to be sorting through at the same time.
Hope Wyatt's brotherly prayer request is answered.
Blessings ~
Tina