February 1, 2009
Just some quick thoughts I want to record so I don't forget them.

1.Tonight I was reading to Mason and Wyatt. I usually read shorter books when reading to them both because Mason's attention span is pretty short. Well tonight we had been going through our "library" picking out some books to put in Lily's book basket and he came across the Alphabet Mystery (one of my favs) and took it to his room. Of course that is what he wanted me to read and I did. It was kind of long for Mason and he was ready for it to be over so about mid way through the book after each page he would say "ta da"! He just wanted it to end. Funny.

2. The boys have been wanting to rub lotion on my legs. This is a big treat for them and they love it. I think my legs are smoother and softer right now than they have been since I was younger! Much younger!

3. Tonight I also spent some time in "yiyi's" room. Mason is very excited about her room and has helped me do a lot. He helped me make the bed, carry some of her things upstairs and set her stuff out in her room. Tonight Wyatt helped too and we decided to take her dolls out of there package. They loved on and fought over these babies for some time. These two boys have never really been around "girl" toys so they were so interested in them. But it didn't last long and they were off to find some superheroes and things they could throw off the balcony.

4.We are struggling around here with our two older boys. Noah and Sellers have always been very close and gotten along well. I have never made much of an effort for them to make close friends because they always enjoyed each other. This is changing. Noah has made a good friend in the neighborhood. I am happy for Noah. He and this boy get along well and he is a good kid. I am sad for Sellers. He feels left out and doesn't understand why he can't tag along. A few times he has gotten very upset. Noah also is not sympathetic. He just wants his own friend. And truthfully I understand and think it is OK. I just wish Sellers had a buddy too, then it wouldn't be so hard. I have tried to step in and do things to make him feel better but I guess I am not as appealing as a playmate as I used to be.

3 people joined the party:

Mir said...

We get a lot of that around here with Austen and her little brother. He is so excited to see her when she gets home, and if she immediately takes off for her friends' houses, he gets pretty bummed.

Instead, we have her to stay home two days a week, and one of the other school days, she has a friend come over to our house and play with her and her brother. That still leaves four days of playing with her friends by themselves.

It took a little adjustment, but they're in a great routine now, and her brother doesn't feel left out or get his feelings hurt.

Jennifer O'Cain said...

That is sweet. Sounds like you have a plan! I cannot believe she is old enough to take off to a friends house, she still seems like a little baby to me. i would love to see a picture of her all grown up!

Mir said...

Certainly! She is getting so big! Second grade now. She's just started losing teeth, and she reads pretty much everything she can get her hands on. Here are some pictures:

http://www.georgiabenders.com/albums2/album69/IMG_2286.sized.jpg

http://www.georgiabenders.com/albums2/album95/DSC_0089.jpg

http://www.georgiabenders.com/blog/images/dsc_01821208.sized.jpg