March 29, 2009
Today I was driving home from work and I started to think about what I thought I would be doing today. I thought we would be in China preparing to meet our daughter tomorrow. Then I started to think about what that is really going to be like. Like many adoptive parents I often focus on being home with Lily I forget to imagine the exact moment mother-daughter and father-daughter meet will be like. I have heard many adoptive parents say that they cannot find words to express how meeting their child feels. It is so overwhelming and emotional. Even though we are not meeting our daughter tomorrow I will be thinking of her all day. May is not that far and I know we will be meeting her soon, I really wanted to get her now but now I see maybe I actually needed more time. I just hope she hasn't given up on us and knows we are still coming for her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
- 2014 (9)
- 2013 (1)
- 2012 (24)
- 2011 (116)
- 2010 (78)
-
2009
(119)
- December(9)
- November(12)
- October(12)
- September(7)
- August(3)
- June(4)
- May(8)
- April(19)
-
March(14)
- I Heart Faces
- Today I was driving home from work and I started t...
- I had an interesting conversation with my two big ...
- Prayer and Praise!
- I know most people that read my blog (if anyone ac...
- Finally some pictures...
- It's All Good Here...This and That
- Here comes the sun....Here comes the sun, I say, i...
- The little grey cloud
- Learning Chinese
- Dear God,
- Where is it?????
- Snow Day!
- Wyatt is getting Married!
- February(17)
- January(14)
- 2008 (126)
- 2007 (1)
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

0 people joined the party: