March 9, 2009
Chinese has got to be the hardest language to learn. We have been trying to learn some but I am sure that with our southern accents Lily will just look at us like we are crazy. For some reason the sounds are just so hard to make. I really want to learn certain things before we go but I don't know. It has taken 3 lessons to just learn 3 words or phrases.
Ni Hao
Ni Hao Ma
Xie Xie
I cannot imagine what it is going to be like to have a 7 year old child that we do not share the same language. I know it will be hard but we will get through it. I just keep thinking about a benefit that I read on a bloggy friends post. She was actually thankful for the language difference because it forced them to look at each other more and gesture and touch more. I have been holding on to that but I am not feeling too comfident that I am going to learn anything useful by the time we go!
Ni Hao
Ni Hao Ma
Xie Xie
I cannot imagine what it is going to be like to have a 7 year old child that we do not share the same language. I know it will be hard but we will get through it. I just keep thinking about a benefit that I read on a bloggy friends post. She was actually thankful for the language difference because it forced them to look at each other more and gesture and touch more. I have been holding on to that but I am not feeling too comfident that I am going to learn anything useful by the time we go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
- 2014 (9)
- 2013 (1)
- 2012 (24)
- 2011 (116)
- 2010 (78)
-
2009
(119)
- December(9)
- November(12)
- October(12)
- September(7)
- August(3)
- June(4)
- May(8)
- April(19)
-
March(14)
- I Heart Faces
- Today I was driving home from work and I started t...
- I had an interesting conversation with my two big ...
- Prayer and Praise!
- I know most people that read my blog (if anyone ac...
- Finally some pictures...
- It's All Good Here...This and That
- Here comes the sun....Here comes the sun, I say, i...
- The little grey cloud
- Learning Chinese
- Dear God,
- Where is it?????
- Snow Day!
- Wyatt is getting Married!
- February(17)
- January(14)
- 2008 (126)
- 2007 (1)
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

1 people joined the party:
You will be amazed by how quickly Lily learns to communicate with you! You'll learn a lot from her, as well.
Blessings,
Sarah