March 17, 2009
I have been so busy, which is probably a good thing so I wouldn't think too much about the fact that I am not going to China in the next 2 weeks like I thought I was. I am really okay with it now because time is flying so I know that the day will quickly approach for us to leave.
Things are going really well at work. I like it a lot and feel like I am learning but it is A LOT to learn and it will take a long time before I can birth a baby by myself (nurse wise). I have the sweetest preceptor, she is so patient with me and does a great job teaching me. Sometimes I have to be pushed because I still like to have her right there if I need her. There is a lot I am doing independently and I feel like I am in a good place for having been there a month.
Since we are not going to China until May we decided we are not going to put Lily in public school this fall. We do not feel that this is enough time for her to get ready. We are going to home school her and send her to a 3 hour church kindergarten at the school the baby boys go to. We think it is the best thing to help reinforce those early skills. After that year we will decide where to go from there. I feel much better about this because I was very nervous about her going to regular school for so many hours a day so soon. I also like the idea of her having some additional biblical learning. Most likely she has never heard of Jesus or the Bible so it will be nice to have her exposed to that more too.
Tonight we are celebrating for St. Patrick's Day. We don't normally do this but I was in the mood to celebrate. We are having Corn Beef, Cabbage, Rice, cornbread, green cupcakes, and green kool-aid. My brother and his family are coming over so it should be fun. I will take some pictures and maybe download them here. I have been so lazy about posting pictures...if only I could get my camera to do what I want it t
Things are going really well at work. I like it a lot and feel like I am learning but it is A LOT to learn and it will take a long time before I can birth a baby by myself (nurse wise). I have the sweetest preceptor, she is so patient with me and does a great job teaching me. Sometimes I have to be pushed because I still like to have her right there if I need her. There is a lot I am doing independently and I feel like I am in a good place for having been there a month.
Since we are not going to China until May we decided we are not going to put Lily in public school this fall. We do not feel that this is enough time for her to get ready. We are going to home school her and send her to a 3 hour church kindergarten at the school the baby boys go to. We think it is the best thing to help reinforce those early skills. After that year we will decide where to go from there. I feel much better about this because I was very nervous about her going to regular school for so many hours a day so soon. I also like the idea of her having some additional biblical learning. Most likely she has never heard of Jesus or the Bible so it will be nice to have her exposed to that more too.
Tonight we are celebrating for St. Patrick's Day. We don't normally do this but I was in the mood to celebrate. We are having Corn Beef, Cabbage, Rice, cornbread, green cupcakes, and green kool-aid. My brother and his family are coming over so it should be fun. I will take some pictures and maybe download them here. I have been so lazy about posting pictures...if only I could get my camera to do what I want it t
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
- 2014 (9)
- 2013 (1)
- 2012 (24)
- 2011 (116)
- 2010 (78)
-
2009
(119)
- December(9)
- November(12)
- October(12)
- September(7)
- August(3)
- June(4)
- May(8)
- April(19)
-
March(14)
- I Heart Faces
- Today I was driving home from work and I started t...
- I had an interesting conversation with my two big ...
- Prayer and Praise!
- I know most people that read my blog (if anyone ac...
- Finally some pictures...
- It's All Good Here...This and That
- Here comes the sun....Here comes the sun, I say, i...
- The little grey cloud
- Learning Chinese
- Dear God,
- Where is it?????
- Snow Day!
- Wyatt is getting Married!
- February(17)
- January(14)
- 2008 (126)
- 2007 (1)
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

0 people joined the party: