October 28, 2008
I spend A LOT of time thinking about orphans. I read about them. I hear their stories. And I constantly think, How can I help them? Besides adoption I just haven't been able to figure out how I am going to make a difference. Currently we sponsor a orphan in China through Bring Me Hope. I want to do more than that. I follow a lot of blogs of people who have and are adopting. Somehow I came across a blog of a young girl who is 19 and how a mission trip to Kenya changed her life. It is such an inspiring story. She has lived there and ministered to orphans, she has baptized them, cared for them and "adopted" 150 kids that she is sending to school and providing their basic needs. How you ask? Well , that is where the problem lies, she needs 9 thousand dollars to support these children through the end of 2009. I actually find it amazing that you could support 150 children for 9 grand. She is asking for people to sponsor a child for 300 dollars, that would cover their expenses through 2009. I have never done anything like this through my blog but would you help me support these children? I will post the link to her blog. Read her story and become inspired. Help one of the millions of orphans out there. Make a difference in the life of one. www.kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com (if the link doesn't work just cut and paste). If you cannot support a child alone maybe go in with a friend, and if you can't do anything at all, Pray.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
- 2014 (9)
- 2013 (1)
- 2012 (24)
- 2011 (116)
- 2010 (78)
- 2009 (119)
-
2008
(126)
- December(13)
- November(16)
-
October(14)
- A Child's Prayer
- The life of one
- Starting Over
- Not Me Monday
- Growing up
- Introducing....
- Stay Tuned...
- National Day of Remembrance...
- Some recent photos
- His pack is almost is big as he is. I don't know h...
- I wasn't going to be one of those moms...
- Old Potato Head
- Naked Guys -Rated "G"
- Happy Birthday Baby Boy!
- September(21)
- August(9)
- July(8)
- June(7)
- May(9)
- April(9)
- March(6)
- February(5)
- January(9)
- 2007 (1)
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

0 people joined the party: