Yes, John and I finally gave in and got the boys a puppy. She is the best (so far). She is a Cairn Terrier and is 4 months old. Our next door neighbors got one last week and I actually fell in love with it and I am not a huge dog fan. I started doing research and decided this dog would be a fit for us! I called the breeder but whoa! they are not cheap. I told her I did not think my husband would spend that kind of money on a dog but that I would talk to him. I did but we never really decided when I got a phone call back from her. She said she had one older puppy left from a previous litter and she could be ours for a very reasonable price (compared to the younger, newer puppies). I told her to reserve the puppy for us and I would talk to my husband. Well the boys pitched in some cash and agreed to spend less at the fair in order to pay for the puppy. So I called her back and I went to Pageland to pick her up yesterday. An older puppy has actually been a blessing. Still young enough to make our own but old enough to walk on a collar and slept all night last night :0). She has only had one accident too! She has the cutest personality and we all have taken to loving her quickly. Well the only exception to that would be Mason who would not get off the couch last night unless you were holding him and if she came walking towards him he would scream. Today is much better he was walking around but kept one eye on her at all times just in case! All the other little pets we got were OK but this little puppy is just what we needed. I don't know what I was so afraid of. Of course I hope I am still this upbeat a few months from now....
One funny: Wyatt came to me last night with a odd look on his face, mouth open and was attempting to spit something out of it. I asked him what was wrong and he managed to tell me that he had "tried" the dog food and it was nasty. So we had to wash his mouth out. I don't think he will do that again. It actually had not occurred to me that one of the little guys would try to eat it.
Meet our Bunch!
- 2014 (9)
- 2013 (1)
- 2012 (24)
- 2011 (116)
- 2010 (78)
- 2009 (119)
-
2008
(126)
- December(13)
- November(16)
-
October(14)
- A Child's Prayer
- The life of one
- Starting Over
- Not Me Monday
- Growing up
- Introducing....
- Stay Tuned...
- National Day of Remembrance...
- Some recent photos
- His pack is almost is big as he is. I don't know h...
- I wasn't going to be one of those moms...
- Old Potato Head
- Naked Guys -Rated "G"
- Happy Birthday Baby Boy!
- September(21)
- August(9)
- July(8)
- June(7)
- May(9)
- April(9)
- March(6)
- February(5)
- January(9)
- 2007 (1)

0 people joined the party: