January 27, 2009
Today has been quite a day. I woke up at 5:15 (45 minutes before the alarm) and patiently waited for my dad (travel companion) to awaken. I got showered and dressed and we went downstairs in the hotel to eat breakfast. I wasn't very nervous and left the hotel at 7:15 to go to the testing center that was across the street (this was in N. Charleston). After checking in I sat down to take my test. The first few questions were tough and I started to panic just a little. Fortunately I got into a groove and before I knew it I was done. I will get the results in 24-48 hours (most likely 48). After the test my dad and I went shopping at the outlets (not his favorite thing-thanks for being patient Dad). I found some cute and very well priced clothes for Lily and a few things for the boys. When we got back to the car there was a message on my phone from Mei, out caseworker with Christian World Adoption. I suddenly got very nervous, thinking could this be it? Is our LOA here? I left her a message to call me back and could hardly eat a bite of my lunch waiting for her to call back. As soon as we got back in the car after lunch she called back. All I heard was, "Jennifer your LOA is here, I can't believe you got it so quick". Since we were in Charleston I told her we would come by and pick it up at the office. On the way I called John and shared the news with him. I can't tell you how much excitement and nervousness we feel. We had a great visit at CWA and she gave us a lot of information and stuff to do. I really can't believe we got LOA!! This means we will travel by the end of March at the latest. Boy have I got a lot to do!!! I will try to keep you updated but I am not sure how much time I will have for blogging! With a new job (gulp!), preparing to spend 2 weeks in China, figuring out what to do with the boys for those two weeks, finishing (well almost) Lily's room, and everything else I think I am going to be quite busy!
Thanks so much to everyone for their support,prayers and encouragement. We can't wait to bring Lily home!
Thanks so much to everyone for their support,prayers and encouragement. We can't wait to bring Lily home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

3 people joined the party:
What a day indeed! Yay that your test is over, and a great big woooohooooo, for the LOA! Your girl is coming home!!! So happy for you!
Blessings~
Tina
That is great Jennifer!
What an answer to prayer! So excitd for you guys :)