January 5, 2009
For anyone wondering and I guess many are because I get asked about this a lot here is what is going on with Lily's adoption. In December we had our Homestudy updated, not a big deal and our caseworker is so awesome! Then we sent off all the little necessary paperwork to Immigration so that we will be allowed to bring her back into the country. And in January on the 9th we go have our fingerprints re-done for the US Immigration because apparently fingerprints expire ( John finds this incredible).
We also found out China has raised there orphange fee pretty signifacantly but I am trying to remember that no amount is too high to pay the orphanage back for taking care of our daughter for so many years. I really believe based on what I have learned that she comes from a very good orphange (China Standards-not mine)!
So now we really are just waiting. The average wait for the document we are waiting for is 75 days. We have been waiting less than 60. I have even seen people wait 120 days. We expect to travel to China somtime between March and May! When something changes I will let you know!

1 people joined the party:

Waitingfaithfully said...

Jennifer,

Praying that your LOA arrives soon. Guangzhou in the spring will be nice--and being united with your sweet Lily will be a dream come true! I really do believe from having visited myself, that Lily is in a very good place--China Standards, like you said. The best place will be when she is HOME SWEET HOME with her family! Praying it is soon!

Blessings as you wait ~

Tina