September 8, 2008
Just a update on school. I seem to get asked about this a bunch so here's how it is going.
I've been back in for my LAST semester for about 3 weeks. I am taking a Management Class and advanced OB and Pediatrics. Right now I am in clinical at Providence on 4 Heart. My instructor is awesome, very laid back. She is great about letting us do things on our own since we are only months away from practicing as RN'S! Most of our patients are post heart cath who have had to get stents for blockages. We do a lot of discharge which is great because I need the practice. Teaching is something nurses do a lot of and when discharging a patient you have to do a lot of teaching. It is So important. In October I will do my clinicals at Richland for OB and Peds. I am so excited about seeing the new children's hospital. It is in my top three places to work when I graduate so I am excited about seeing it and having clinical there. Many people ask me what I want to do when I graduate and honestly I don't know for sure, yet. I am interested in cardiac nursing, newborn nursery, pediatrics and there is this little part of me that would like to try the ER. I love the ER because you get to see the patient in the beginning before they are stable and when the doctors are often trying to figure out what is going on. It is often like putting a puzzle together. The only thing that worries me is trauma. I am not sure if I could handle very serious trauma cases. I have seen a gunshot victim and a fall victim and they were not very serious so I don't know what it would be like to have a real serious case. It sort of scares me but at the same time interests me. I hopefully will know what to do soon because in a few short months it will be time to apply for jobs. I just pray that I will end up somewhere where I can be happy and make a difference in someone's life. On December 17th I will be pinned (nursing for graduate) and then I will have to take the Board Liscensing Exam (NCLEX) and pass in order to practice nursing. I am so excited about finishing!!!!
I've been back in for my LAST semester for about 3 weeks. I am taking a Management Class and advanced OB and Pediatrics. Right now I am in clinical at Providence on 4 Heart. My instructor is awesome, very laid back. She is great about letting us do things on our own since we are only months away from practicing as RN'S! Most of our patients are post heart cath who have had to get stents for blockages. We do a lot of discharge which is great because I need the practice. Teaching is something nurses do a lot of and when discharging a patient you have to do a lot of teaching. It is So important. In October I will do my clinicals at Richland for OB and Peds. I am so excited about seeing the new children's hospital. It is in my top three places to work when I graduate so I am excited about seeing it and having clinical there. Many people ask me what I want to do when I graduate and honestly I don't know for sure, yet. I am interested in cardiac nursing, newborn nursery, pediatrics and there is this little part of me that would like to try the ER. I love the ER because you get to see the patient in the beginning before they are stable and when the doctors are often trying to figure out what is going on. It is often like putting a puzzle together. The only thing that worries me is trauma. I am not sure if I could handle very serious trauma cases. I have seen a gunshot victim and a fall victim and they were not very serious so I don't know what it would be like to have a real serious case. It sort of scares me but at the same time interests me. I hopefully will know what to do soon because in a few short months it will be time to apply for jobs. I just pray that I will end up somewhere where I can be happy and make a difference in someone's life. On December 17th I will be pinned (nursing for graduate) and then I will have to take the Board Liscensing Exam (NCLEX) and pass in order to practice nursing. I am so excited about finishing!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
- 2014 (9)
- 2013 (1)
- 2012 (24)
- 2011 (116)
- 2010 (78)
- 2009 (119)
-
2008
(126)
- December(13)
- November(16)
- October(14)
-
September(21)
- When I Grow Up
- Funnies
- Fireproof
- Almond eyes
- Nite, Nite!
- It stinks!
- Me? A Princess?
- R.I.P. LUKE
- This morning I had a long commute to clinical at 6...
- "T"
- Thank you.
- Boys
- On my mind...
- Too Much Information
- Girls
- A little about Nursing
- Good, Clean Fun!
- New Family Members, Max and Luke
- mason and the stairs
- A little Gamecock Cheerleader
- Toddler Talk
- August(9)
- July(8)
- June(7)
- May(9)
- April(9)
- March(6)
- February(5)
- January(9)
- 2007 (1)
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

2 people joined the party:
Jennifer, you need not worry about trauma. Remember that time you bashed me knee open with a large rock? You seemed pretty calm to me. :-)
Ha ha Kristi, you are so funny. Don't ya see I eventually developed some compassion and would NEVER do that now! Plus I really don't remember doing that, are you sure it wasn't Amy? :)