September 4, 2008
We have reluctantly added new pets to our family. We recently experienced a traumatic death of a fish, well two actually. Noah desperately wanted a pet. John and I talked about a dog but really didn't want the added responsibility. A cat is ok but I am allergic. We have tried fish, turtles, and frogs but they aren't the cuddly type pet he wanted. He suggested a hamster. Ok, I might could deal with a hamster unless it got loose in the house. Noah researches hamsters by checking out books at the library and we decide to go get a hamster last Saturday. Of course Sellers has jumped on the bandwagon by now so we are in search of two hamsters to bring home. We go to the pet store and look at the hamsters. They are next to the cage of rats and honestly I could hardly tell the difference. I hate rats. We have had them twice and they scare me to death. I have offered people big money to get these things out of my house before and now I am paying money to bring a close relative in? I started looking at other animals and started trying to convince them to get something else. First some new frogs. No they didn't grab his attention. Well then I enlisted the help of an employee from the Pet Store. After talking with me he agreed to encourage my boys to get Guinea Pigs instead. After talking with him they seemed cool and well they looked less like a rat and more like a rabbit without the big floppy ears. Thankfully he was successful and they picked out two little critters and brought them home. It has been good. They are very happy with their choice and can be found playing with their little buddies most all the time. And I am proud to say that they have even been taking care of them by themselves. And I am happy to have a pet the doesn't look like a rat that I will even hold.

This is Max, Noah's gp. Luke was busy playing Star Wars with Sellers and was unavailable for a picture.
.

0 people joined the party: