January 14, 2008
My devotional for today speaks of the story when Jesus met the 10 lepers, he healed them but only one returned to Jesus to give him thanks. Though the other men were surely excited about their healing they didn't bother to thank Jesus for their blessing. How easy it is to take God's Blessings for granted. I do it everyday. I remember to be thankful at times but it is hard to be thankful of everything all the time, living just gets in the way. We are distracted.
I am thankful for so much. I would hate to get started because surely I would leave something out but I am thankful for everthing in my life. I am even thankful for the wait in our adoption because it teaches me patience, for school because it teaches me to be thankful for mine and my families good health and for a messy house because it means I have healthy,happy, and active children. These are things I often complain about or worry about but I am going to try harder to express my thanksgiving to God so that I too can be like the one leper who took the time to give his Thanks to God.
I am thankful for so much. I would hate to get started because surely I would leave something out but I am thankful for everthing in my life. I am even thankful for the wait in our adoption because it teaches me patience, for school because it teaches me to be thankful for mine and my families good health and for a messy house because it means I have healthy,happy, and active children. These are things I often complain about or worry about but I am going to try harder to express my thanksgiving to God so that I too can be like the one leper who took the time to give his Thanks to God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

0 people joined the party: