August 26, 2010
Last year we discovered one of our favorite places to vacation. We rented a cabin in Bryson City, NC at Deep Creek. We loved it and knew we would go back. This year when Noah was given a choice on how to celebrate his birthday he chose to go camping and not have a party at home with friends. I was very happy with his choice so we planned a 5 day, 4 night trip back to deep creek. My parents we able to come for two nights and we enjoyed having Papa and Granny come share this time with us. One difference this year is that we recently bought a used Pop-up Camper. We have wanted one for years and a great used one kind of fell into our laps and we couldn't wait to use it! So we loaded up our camper and car with gear and 8 people ( Noah took a friend, one request for his b-day) and headed to the mountains at 4 o'clock after I got off work. We made it to camp just in time to get enough put up before the rain started and it got dark. We did nothing the entire time except enjoy the outdoors. There is just something about the mountains that relaxes the soul and we had the best time. On Saturday we celebrated Noah's 13th Birthday. Sunday we loaded up and headed home. Next year I think we're going to stay a whole week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

2 people joined the party:
So glad you were able to go camping. I know you needed the break!
OK, I was a real copy cat! We love to go to the mountains in October, but haven't found anywhere we love, so I made reservatons at YOUR favorite place! Not one, but 3 cabins- we're taking lots of family! I am already excited. Hope you're all doing well! I hope we can get together soon! Love, Kim