February 15, 2010
I don't know why I haven't thought of this before now but I took Lily to an Asian Market today. Last night at the New Year Party they had some shredded dried squid (sounds yummy doesn't it?) and Lily loved it. I found out it came from a little market not too far from our house so I told Lily I would take her soon. She bugged me all day today so I took her when I had to pick up Noah from church. She was so excited. She laughed and ran around the store picking stuff up saying " in China I had that" and "it's yummy". I let her get most of what she wanted and ended up with some pretty interesting stuff. On the way home she had a few jelly sticks, some cookies you dip in icing, some corn snacks and a sesame candy. As soon as we got in the door she started in on the dried sardines, shredded squid, spicy crunchy radish and topped it off with a green bean Popsicle (I am not kidding). Next she started fixing her school lunch. Filling it with all her goodies including some chrysanthemum tea, strawberry panda cookies and some more squid and radish. I have not seen her this excited in a long time. I don't know why I waited so long to take her there but I sure am glad I did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
- 2014 (9)
- 2013 (1)
- 2012 (24)
- 2011 (116)
-
2010
(78)
- December(3)
- November(9)
- October(3)
- September(6)
- August(6)
- July(4)
- June(3)
- May(4)
- April(6)
- March(6)
-
February(14)
- the Asian Market
- Chinese New Year
- Last of the snow pictures
- This morning we woke up to this...The eighth bigg...
- Let it Snow...!
- Valentines Day Cards
- Funny Friday
- All I wanted was one little picture...So everyone ...
- Genetics-and how they may solve the puzzle-or not!
- Fret
- The Sound of Music-The Happiest Sound In All The W...
- Dreary day
- Noodles
- Ni Hao Cowboy!
- January(14)
- 2009 (119)
- 2008 (126)
- 2007 (1)
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

4 people joined the party:
This post made me SMILE!!! :) I am so glad you took her to the market and that she found some goodies. Glad Marty grabbed our bag o'squid before we walked out the door last night. Are the boys enjoying the goodies too??
We had such a great time last night!Brinley really enjoyed sitting and making crafts with Lily. She's been talking about "my new friend Lily" all day! Let's get together again soon!
I'm not sure if Cate would remember much of the food, but we are going to make that trip again soon! Rion wants to go so bad! That is so sweet that Lily found some "yummy" familiar food. She is absolutely precious. Let's all try to get together again before next Chinese New Year! Love, Kim
Sounds yummy (sort of!) :)
What a special time for you and Lily. I could just feel her excitement as I read your post. I have never been but hope to take all the kiddos there soon. Not sure that we will be as excited as Lily, but I am so glad she found some familiar and delicious - in her opinion - foods: )