February 15, 2010
Sunday was not only Valentines Day but it was also The Chinese New Year. This year is the year of the Tiger. We were invited to spend the New Year with some wonderful folks we have met through the adoption community. We drove a little further south and all had a great time. We did crafts, ate Chinese food, the kids played, the grown ups talked and the kids finished the night off with sparklers.


Mason and Lily making lanterns out of jars. I ended up making most of them because the snow was a little more exciting and there was still plenty to play in.



The finished product. They were really pretty in person. Unfortunately I forgot to take them to the New Year party.
But we did use them to decorate our Valentine's Day table for dinner.Wyatt playing with a very popular attraction at the party. A fake phone.


All the China dolls. Aren't they precious?




Doing crafts.


Sellers found a friend to dance with.





The girls all loved the crafts. They spent most of the night at this table. They made lanterns, dragon masks, colored pictures and played with stickers.






Almost all the kids present. I think there were 20 kids for 4 families. I never saw all of them at once except when we were eating.




1 people joined the party:

Sarah said...

I LOVE the lanterns! What a fun idea.

Blessings,
Sarah