January 7, 2010
Today John was informed he was being let go from his job. We were sure this was going to happen and were mentally prepared for it. He is job hunting in a very bad job market for a highly sought after job. We are focusing on the positives as much as possible. This morning on my way home from work I was listening to Air1, a Christian radio station from CA. They were talking about how we worry so much about how we are going to take care of ourselves, how we will provide for ourselves. They talked about a Bible verse I love. One that I have on a plaque hanging on the wall in my home. One that John and I talked about this afternoon while trying to reassure each other that it will all be ok.
Look at the birds of the air, they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable that they? Mathew 6:26
We know God is in control. We know that one day this whole situation will just be a distant memory. We know that God is faithful. We know that God will not forget us. We know that God can use this for his good. I have faith that he will.
Which reminds me of another plaque in my home I have mentioned before..
Faith: It makes things possible not easy.
Look at the birds of the air, they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable that they? Mathew 6:26
We know God is in control. We know that one day this whole situation will just be a distant memory. We know that God is faithful. We know that God will not forget us. We know that God can use this for his good. I have faith that he will.
Which reminds me of another plaque in my home I have mentioned before..
Faith: It makes things possible not easy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
- 2014 (9)
- 2013 (1)
- 2012 (24)
- 2011 (116)
-
2010
(78)
- December(3)
- November(9)
- October(3)
- September(6)
- August(6)
- July(4)
- June(3)
- May(4)
- April(6)
- March(6)
- February(14)
-
January(14)
- a little randomness
- Quote from church Sunday
- Who doesn't love bubblewrap?
- Want to know what someone is thinking about before...
- 39 for the first time....
- Website Update
- Please Vote
- Bow your head when you pray...
- A friend I have recently met is DTC for her preci...
- John's Job update
- America's Bravest
- The Pioneer Women Cooks
- Lily's choice of drink with Supper last night?Eggn...
- Overheard between Wyatt and Lily while looking at ...
- 2009 (119)
- 2008 (126)
- 2007 (1)
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

3 people joined the party:
Oh Jennifer, I am so sorry this has happened. I'm glad you are finding peace in God's promises.
Thank you for your comment on my blog. I am so sorry about your husband's job. You are right...God will not leave you hanging!
Your family is adorable. You have your hands full!!
So sorry to hear about your husband's job. When one door closes.....
Looking forward to meeting you and your beautiful family!