November 18, 2008
*It is just as or more important for you to have a good nurse in the hospital than it is a good doctor!
*That I am so happy I had my children before I had 18 hours worth of lectures about everything that could go wrong with mommy and baby.
*That blood does not bother me at all but vomit and poop (the grown up kind) I almost cannot handle. It takes everything I have to keep it together in front of my patient.
*That nursing is very rewarding and many patients will Thank You profusely for taking care of them.
*That most patients apologize to their nurse if the nurse has to do something that embarrasses them. (change a dirty brief, a dressing, empty a bedpan etc..)
*That it is so hard to keep a straight face when your patient "blows" you in the face while changing their brief.
*That I will never view my body the same again. Every little thing could potentially be something big (in other words I can see how nurses become hypochondriacs).
*That everyone will ask you for health advice and it's usually about something I know NOTHING about.
*That if you pretend you know what you're doing your patient will not get totally freaked out by having a nursing student for their nurse. And that some people love to have a student for a nurse because we are so cautious and spend time with our patients.
*That everyone thinks nurses make a ton of $$ but I think they are underpaid for how hard it is and how much you have to know and for how much responsibility you have.
*How to make perfect corners when making a bed.
*How to make a pillow when you cannot find extras on the floor out of pillowcases and towels.
*That sometimes all your patient wants is for someone to listen to them.
*That it is a very hard profession and I love it!
*That I am so happy I had my children before I had 18 hours worth of lectures about everything that could go wrong with mommy and baby.
*That blood does not bother me at all but vomit and poop (the grown up kind) I almost cannot handle. It takes everything I have to keep it together in front of my patient.
*That nursing is very rewarding and many patients will Thank You profusely for taking care of them.
*That most patients apologize to their nurse if the nurse has to do something that embarrasses them. (change a dirty brief, a dressing, empty a bedpan etc..)
*That it is so hard to keep a straight face when your patient "blows" you in the face while changing their brief.
*That I will never view my body the same again. Every little thing could potentially be something big (in other words I can see how nurses become hypochondriacs).
*That everyone will ask you for health advice and it's usually about something I know NOTHING about.
*That if you pretend you know what you're doing your patient will not get totally freaked out by having a nursing student for their nurse. And that some people love to have a student for a nurse because we are so cautious and spend time with our patients.
*That everyone thinks nurses make a ton of $$ but I think they are underpaid for how hard it is and how much you have to know and for how much responsibility you have.
*How to make perfect corners when making a bed.
*How to make a pillow when you cannot find extras on the floor out of pillowcases and towels.
*That sometimes all your patient wants is for someone to listen to them.
*That it is a very hard profession and I love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
- 2014 (9)
- 2013 (1)
- 2012 (24)
- 2011 (116)
- 2010 (78)
- 2009 (119)
-
2008
(126)
- December(13)
-
November(16)
- Our Thanksgiving
- My Five Pieces of Corn
- Surprise! We have a Daughter!
- Last time
- What I learned in Nursing School-The Good, The Bad...
- Not Me Monday
- Finally!
- "PG" Post-Tooth Fairy
- Merry Christmas
- Stop Sign
- Not a Kiddie RN
- Tagged by Emily
- A Day at Aunt Tammi's and Uncle Ed's
- Eyes Open
- Picnik
- A Happy Halloween
- October(14)
- September(21)
- August(9)
- July(8)
- June(7)
- May(9)
- April(9)
- March(6)
- February(5)
- January(9)
- 2007 (1)
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

0 people joined the party: