November 14, 2008
The reason I went to nursing school was for Labor and Delivery. I loved the experience of having my babies and wanted to be a part of that for others. In school I became very interested in "sick" nursing. I put L&D to the side and thought maybe I would rather do something else. Afterall, I did like the thrill of the ER, the seriousness of cardiac nursing and taking care of someone real sick. But after all this time I believe I have come full circle. Last week I had my last clinical, it was in OB/GYN. Friday specifically was L&D. I loved it. I feel at home there. It was comfortable and I understand it. This is where I want to work, the only problem is so do a lot of other people. L&D jobs are actually hard to come by, even nights. (which nobody wants!)
I talked to the nurse manager, she has one opening on nights and already has 4 applicants. She told me to apply so I did. No idea if I will hear anything or not but I have my fingers crossed!
I talked to the nurse manager, she has one opening on nights and already has 4 applicants. She told me to apply so I did. No idea if I will hear anything or not but I have my fingers crossed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
- 2014 (9)
- 2013 (1)
- 2012 (24)
- 2011 (116)
- 2010 (78)
- 2009 (119)
-
2008
(126)
- December(13)
-
November(16)
- Our Thanksgiving
- My Five Pieces of Corn
- Surprise! We have a Daughter!
- Last time
- What I learned in Nursing School-The Good, The Bad...
- Not Me Monday
- Finally!
- "PG" Post-Tooth Fairy
- Merry Christmas
- Stop Sign
- Not a Kiddie RN
- Tagged by Emily
- A Day at Aunt Tammi's and Uncle Ed's
- Eyes Open
- Picnik
- A Happy Halloween
- October(14)
- September(21)
- August(9)
- July(8)
- June(7)
- May(9)
- April(9)
- March(6)
- February(5)
- January(9)
- 2007 (1)
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

0 people joined the party: