November 21, 2008
Yesterday was the last time I had to wake in the wee hours of the morning.
It was the last time I had to put on my ugly MTC uniform.
It was the last time I had to drive to clinical (usually while still dark outside).
The last time I had to park in the "pit" at the hospital and walk 1/2 mile uphill in rain or cold or sweltering heat to get to the main building.
The last time I had to collect enough data to fill out my paperwork.
The last time I got to hang with my good friends whom I have really grown to care for :0(
I thought I would be giddy with excitement as I left the hospital but I felt weird.
My classmates asked me "what' wrong, you're not your usual self"?
I didn't know what to say. Maybe I am nervous about this ending and having to actually get a job. Maybe I just will miss the time I got to spend hanging out with these girls laughing and learning together. I can't say for certain but it was problably a little of both. Sad for it to end but ready for it too.
It was the last time I had to put on my ugly MTC uniform.
It was the last time I had to drive to clinical (usually while still dark outside).
The last time I had to park in the "pit" at the hospital and walk 1/2 mile uphill in rain or cold or sweltering heat to get to the main building.
The last time I had to collect enough data to fill out my paperwork.
The last time I got to hang with my good friends whom I have really grown to care for :0(
I thought I would be giddy with excitement as I left the hospital but I felt weird.
My classmates asked me "what' wrong, you're not your usual self"?
I didn't know what to say. Maybe I am nervous about this ending and having to actually get a job. Maybe I just will miss the time I got to spend hanging out with these girls laughing and learning together. I can't say for certain but it was problably a little of both. Sad for it to end but ready for it too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
- 2014 (9)
- 2013 (1)
- 2012 (24)
- 2011 (116)
- 2010 (78)
- 2009 (119)
-
2008
(126)
- December(13)
-
November(16)
- Our Thanksgiving
- My Five Pieces of Corn
- Surprise! We have a Daughter!
- Last time
- What I learned in Nursing School-The Good, The Bad...
- Not Me Monday
- Finally!
- "PG" Post-Tooth Fairy
- Merry Christmas
- Stop Sign
- Not a Kiddie RN
- Tagged by Emily
- A Day at Aunt Tammi's and Uncle Ed's
- Eyes Open
- Picnik
- A Happy Halloween
- October(14)
- September(21)
- August(9)
- July(8)
- June(7)
- May(9)
- April(9)
- March(6)
- February(5)
- January(9)
- 2007 (1)
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

0 people joined the party: