May 22, 2008
My heart has been heavy all day. I am sure many of you have heard of the tragic death of Steven Curtis Chapman's families youngest little girl, Maria. It is hard to understand such a tragic end to such a sweet life. I have been thinking about it all day, wondering why God would let something like this happen. A young girl born into this world and abandoned, adopted and given a wonderful life and then tragically lost at 5 years old. At dinner as I was watching my kids play, I thought why not her. Our grief is selfish, she is not sad or hurt or lonely. She is with her heavenly father in a wonderful place. For her we should be happy. It does not erase the hurt of losing a loved one but it helps bear it. I am so sad for her family, especially for the brother that accidently ran over her. I pray for this families grief, that somehow this story will touch other lives and maybe her story will lead others to Jesus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

0 people joined the party: