July 27, 2011
Sometimes I have a really hard time imagining the size of Ellery. She is two but very small, she is in the 3rd percentile on Chinese growth charts which means she probably doesn't even show up on America's.
So today I looked up her measurements again, converted them and then marked them on the wall in my room. I stood next to it so I could imagine what it would be like to have her by my side.
I know that's weird isn't it?
I showed it to my crew and they got so excited because it finally sunk in to them that they are really getting a "little" sister. They all stood against the wall to see where she would come up to on them.
So....weirdness runs in the family.
She is nearly a foot shorter than our youngest. I just can't wait to get my hands on that little girl and hold her. I wish I could post the updated pictures but we signed a paper that we swore we would not post any pictures of her on the Internet. I figured I would leave the others up, damage done. But I am a rule follower and would not want to jeopardize my daughters adoption in any way.
So today I looked up her measurements again, converted them and then marked them on the wall in my room. I stood next to it so I could imagine what it would be like to have her by my side.
I know that's weird isn't it?
I showed it to my crew and they got so excited because it finally sunk in to them that they are really getting a "little" sister. They all stood against the wall to see where she would come up to on them.
So....weirdness runs in the family.
She is nearly a foot shorter than our youngest. I just can't wait to get my hands on that little girl and hold her. I wish I could post the updated pictures but we signed a paper that we swore we would not post any pictures of her on the Internet. I figured I would leave the others up, damage done. But I am a rule follower and would not want to jeopardize my daughters adoption in any way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
- 2014 (9)
- 2013 (1)
- 2012 (24)
-
2011
(116)
- December(18)
- November(13)
- October(6)
- September(11)
- August(12)
-
July(7)
- Sometimes I have a really hard time imagining the ...
- This week we will come to our 50th day of waiting....
- Days waiting for Letter of Seeking Confirmation fr...
- Last night was family night at Camp Barstow, our l...
- These are my favorites from our trip to the beach...
- Poor Mississippi
- Check out www.beapieceofthepuzzle.blogspot.com for...
- June(7)
- May(6)
- April(8)
- March(10)
- February(12)
- January(6)
- 2010 (78)
- 2009 (119)
- 2008 (126)
- 2007 (1)
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

0 people joined the party: