July 10, 2011
At the beach the kids were playing Hide n Seek while the adults were watching the USC Gamecocks win the College World Series (again!!). They were taking turns counting. As one little O'Cain was counting it went like this...
1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi.... Don't you remember counting that way?
My Sister in law asked this little O'Cain what was Mississippi? His reply was, "a second".
Amused she told him it was actually one of the states of the United States not a word meaning a second in time.
When Bobo came to count I thought I would ask him. I thought he may know since he has one of those United States interactive maps. So I ask, "do you know what Mississippi is"? He looks at me puzzled and then a little light bulb goes off and he says very matter of fact, "1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi". We laughed.
We repeated this with each and every kid present and every single kid answered the exact same way. First a puzzled look then a matter of fact answer of "1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi".
All Tammi could say was, "poor Mississippi". Time for a little US Geography lesson.
1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi.... Don't you remember counting that way?
My Sister in law asked this little O'Cain what was Mississippi? His reply was, "a second".
Amused she told him it was actually one of the states of the United States not a word meaning a second in time.
When Bobo came to count I thought I would ask him. I thought he may know since he has one of those United States interactive maps. So I ask, "do you know what Mississippi is"? He looks at me puzzled and then a little light bulb goes off and he says very matter of fact, "1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi". We laughed.
We repeated this with each and every kid present and every single kid answered the exact same way. First a puzzled look then a matter of fact answer of "1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi".
All Tammi could say was, "poor Mississippi". Time for a little US Geography lesson.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
- 2014 (9)
- 2013 (1)
- 2012 (24)
-
2011
(116)
- December(18)
- November(13)
- October(6)
- September(11)
- August(12)
-
July(7)
- Sometimes I have a really hard time imagining the ...
- This week we will come to our 50th day of waiting....
- Days waiting for Letter of Seeking Confirmation fr...
- Last night was family night at Camp Barstow, our l...
- These are my favorites from our trip to the beach...
- Poor Mississippi
- Check out www.beapieceofthepuzzle.blogspot.com for...
- June(7)
- May(6)
- April(8)
- March(10)
- February(12)
- January(6)
- 2010 (78)
- 2009 (119)
- 2008 (126)
- 2007 (1)
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

0 people joined the party: