July 14, 2011
Last night was family night at Camp Barstow, our local Boy Scout camp.We are huge supporters of boys in scouting and Noah loves scouts. I was a honorary scout growing up because my dad was a scoutmaster for many years. I always wanted to be a Boy Scout instead of a Girl Scout because they had more fun. Noah is totally at home at camp enjoying the outdoors. He has learned many useful things and his favorite thing this year he is learning is Lifesaving. Never know when you will need that! Although it was great to see him, it gets more obvious each year how much he is growing up and needing us less. I thought about that on my ride home last night. There are difficult stages we go through with our kids but realizing that they need you less and are becoming independent I think is one of the hardest. Although I really don't want him clinging to my leg begging me to take him home because he's homesick I do wish he would just miss us a little bit. For the first time last night I think I realized how much I am going to miss him when he is gone. Thank the Lord I have four more years, I better treasure them!!
Noah and his Dad at camp.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
- 2014 (9)
- 2013 (1)
- 2012 (24)
-
2011
(116)
- December(18)
- November(13)
- October(6)
- September(11)
- August(12)
-
July(7)
- Sometimes I have a really hard time imagining the ...
- This week we will come to our 50th day of waiting....
- Days waiting for Letter of Seeking Confirmation fr...
- Last night was family night at Camp Barstow, our l...
- These are my favorites from our trip to the beach...
- Poor Mississippi
- Check out www.beapieceofthepuzzle.blogspot.com for...
- June(7)
- May(6)
- April(8)
- March(10)
- February(12)
- January(6)
- 2010 (78)
- 2009 (119)
- 2008 (126)
- 2007 (1)
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

0 people joined the party: