September 14, 2010
While we were in China we started talking about adopting again. We somehow knew this was the plan. Even though our minds were saying are you nuts?? Six kids! The family we traveled with even joked around with us and told us we would be back.
On our very last day in China we were walking around Shamian Island doing some last minute shopping. Just as we were leaving a store we had been to several times a worker there thrust a small baby rattle into John’s hand as we were leaving and told him this is for when you come back to get her a little sister. We laughed and I wondered would we really do it?
Not long after we got home I was ready to start the process again. John had to work through his doubts and I prayed hard that John would be ready and willing. In my mind I was consumed with adopting again and waited patiently. Well my God has reassured us that we are following his plan for our family and we have started our second adoption from China. We are all so excited and wish we were leaving tomorrow! The children can't wait and ask all the time when are we going to get our little sister?
We will adopt Special Needs again. We will adopt a girl and we plan on her being 3 or younger at the time of adoption. Though we know sometimes Gods plans are not ours!
The biggest difference this time is that we need to raise money for our orphanage fee. For Lily's adoption we were fortunate enough to have the funds available this time is different. We are required to make a donation of $5000.00 to our child's orphanage. This money is used to better the orphanage our daughter was in. They can provide education, medical care and basic needs through this donation. We plan to raise that money. I will have several fund raisers and will be launching our first fundraiser very soon so stay tuned!
We are just in the beginning stages of our Home study and because China has changed their process yet again we will need to be DTC (Dossier to China) to get a referral. So I am hoping to be DTC by end of year! So please join us on our second Journey to China...
On our very last day in China we were walking around Shamian Island doing some last minute shopping. Just as we were leaving a store we had been to several times a worker there thrust a small baby rattle into John’s hand as we were leaving and told him this is for when you come back to get her a little sister. We laughed and I wondered would we really do it?
Not long after we got home I was ready to start the process again. John had to work through his doubts and I prayed hard that John would be ready and willing. In my mind I was consumed with adopting again and waited patiently. Well my God has reassured us that we are following his plan for our family and we have started our second adoption from China. We are all so excited and wish we were leaving tomorrow! The children can't wait and ask all the time when are we going to get our little sister?
We will adopt Special Needs again. We will adopt a girl and we plan on her being 3 or younger at the time of adoption. Though we know sometimes Gods plans are not ours!
The biggest difference this time is that we need to raise money for our orphanage fee. For Lily's adoption we were fortunate enough to have the funds available this time is different. We are required to make a donation of $5000.00 to our child's orphanage. This money is used to better the orphanage our daughter was in. They can provide education, medical care and basic needs through this donation. We plan to raise that money. I will have several fund raisers and will be launching our first fundraiser very soon so stay tuned!
We are just in the beginning stages of our Home study and because China has changed their process yet again we will need to be DTC (Dossier to China) to get a referral. So I am hoping to be DTC by end of year! So please join us on our second Journey to China...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

5 people joined the party:
So excited for you and will be praying. Let us know about your fundraisers. love, crystal
Woooohoooo! So excited for you guys! Can't wait to follow along!
Many blessings on this new journey~
Tina
Congratulations! Happy paperchasing!
What wonderful news!!!
Well, it's nice to "meet" you!!! Thanks for your comments on my blog! I appreciate all the advice so much!!! I got lots of good advice, I have to go back and read it all and digest!!
And, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Very excited for you and adoption #2....i'm most excited that I will get to follow along this time!!! Glad you commented so that I can! :) And thanks for your sweet comments!
Love the ribbon fundraiser.....do you have a suggested donation amount?
I'm looking forward to getting to know you through your blog! :)