July 16, 2010
I would have posted sooner but I had to wait and tackle the whole memory issue on my computer which I finally did today. John and I celebrated our 15th Wedding Anniversary July 8. Since I was working this year I decided to surprise John and secretly plan a cruise. I booked the cruise all by myself and didn't breath a word of it. After keeping it a secret for several months I blew it. We were standing in the closet one day and I showed John a dress I had just bought and then said "won't this look cute on our cruise". His eyes grew big and he said "we're going on a cruise?". Yes dear we are. So my hint about the view from my treadmill changing was about the cruise only I never made it to the treadmill because we were too busy doing other things. But if I had made it, it would have looked something like this:
One of the best parts of a trip like this is how John truly loosens up and becomes that person I remember long before we had the responsibilities of our life today. I really enjoyed spending time with that side of John.
Our ship looked a little something like this.

And we did a lot of this. I read two books and John actually read one. That's a big deal for him, he hates to read. When Lily saw this picture she said "daddy naked?" I said no Daddy is not naked. It was not that kind of cruise.

We had fun getting dressed up and eating quiet meals together. I consumed more butter in 4 days than I've probably had in the last 4 years.


We had a blast when we rented a beach buggy and went for a tour of Cozumel.

Did a little snorkeling.

Ate some truly authentic Mexican food. John before consumption of HOT and Spicy.

John after consuming too much HOT and spicy. He was sweating and crying tears from the heat. I was smart enough to skip the hot sauce.

Our excitement of the day. The Mexican police arrive to pick up the 2 kilo bag of Marijuana our group found washed up on the shore where we snorkeled. Not gonna lie I was a little intimidated and we went up to the top of a lighthouse until they left.

And we did a lot of this. I read two books and John actually read one. That's a big deal for him, he hates to read. When Lily saw this picture she said "daddy naked?" I said no Daddy is not naked. It was not that kind of cruise.
We had fun getting dressed up and eating quiet meals together. I consumed more butter in 4 days than I've probably had in the last 4 years.
We had a blast when we rented a beach buggy and went for a tour of Cozumel.
Did a little snorkeling.
Ate some truly authentic Mexican food. John before consumption of HOT and Spicy.
John after consuming too much HOT and spicy. He was sweating and crying tears from the heat. I was smart enough to skip the hot sauce.
Our excitement of the day. The Mexican police arrive to pick up the 2 kilo bag of Marijuana our group found washed up on the shore where we snorkeled. Not gonna lie I was a little intimidated and we went up to the top of a lighthouse until they left.
We took as many pictures together as we could without bugging too many people. Those pictures are going to come in handy REAL soon!

And we watched a lot of these together, talking, without interruption.

The book I was reading on the cruise was about a troubled marriage. Some advice they received was that you have to get away. Somewhere you can be husband and wife and not mom and dad. I couldn't agree more. I'll try not to wait so long for the next time.
And we watched a lot of these together, talking, without interruption.
The book I was reading on the cruise was about a troubled marriage. Some advice they received was that you have to get away. Somewhere you can be husband and wife and not mom and dad. I couldn't agree more. I'll try not to wait so long for the next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

4 people joined the party:
Looks like a wonderful time reconnecting in a beautiful setting. And, oh that sunset! wow!
I am so happy you two got to get away - far away - for a few days! After seeing those pics, I have to admit, I'm coveting again : ) Is there an opening on your floor??? (J/K - I have 4 kids to homeschool starting in 15 days! No time for a paying job right now.)
I just wanted to say what a great looking couple you are! I'm so happy for you that you were able to get away! And so jealous! I am already plotting and thinking of when that weekend may be for us- because lemme tell ya, we can use it already! I hope we can all get together again soon! Love, Kim
Love all of the photos and you and your sweetie look GREAT!!! Thank you so much for my wind chimes. Every time I hear them I think of what a wonderful friend you are! :)