June 25, 2010
Has this ever happened to you?
You remember you need to get something out of your car so you grab your keys and head to the door.
As you walk through the Laundry room you remember that a load of laundry needs to be moved from the washer to the dryer so you do it.
Then you see a wet bathing suit that you child left out so you hang it up.
Next you see that someone got the battery box out and opened up a new pack of batteries leaving the trash everywhere so you pick up the trash and walk to the kitchen to throw it away.
When you get to the kitchen to throw it away you see the rest of your lunch you forgot you hadn't eaten so you stand up in the kitchen and try to finish it.
Then your child yells from upstairs "can somebody come wipe me?". You run upstairs and take care of that.
Once upstairs you see that the bathroom is a mess with toothpaste all over so you decide to clean the bathroom. Once satisfied you head back downstairs throw away the rest of your lunch you really don't want anymore.
The phone rings and you talk to such and such for a while.
When you get off the phone you have a sense that there was something you forgot to do.
Oh yeah, I was heading to the car to get my calendar (45 min. ago!).
On the way to the car through the laundry room you notice the dryer is done.........
This is why I feel like I never actually accomplish anything.
I have coined this problem I have as MIADD: Mommy Induced Attention Deficient Disorder.
It's what happens when you are in charge of not only your stuff but the house, your husband and your kids and for me that is a lot. Unfortunately there is only one cure and it just won't work for me. I'd like to keep all the little reasons this happens around, at least for 2o or so more years....
You remember you need to get something out of your car so you grab your keys and head to the door.
As you walk through the Laundry room you remember that a load of laundry needs to be moved from the washer to the dryer so you do it.
Then you see a wet bathing suit that you child left out so you hang it up.
Next you see that someone got the battery box out and opened up a new pack of batteries leaving the trash everywhere so you pick up the trash and walk to the kitchen to throw it away.
When you get to the kitchen to throw it away you see the rest of your lunch you forgot you hadn't eaten so you stand up in the kitchen and try to finish it.
Then your child yells from upstairs "can somebody come wipe me?". You run upstairs and take care of that.
Once upstairs you see that the bathroom is a mess with toothpaste all over so you decide to clean the bathroom. Once satisfied you head back downstairs throw away the rest of your lunch you really don't want anymore.
The phone rings and you talk to such and such for a while.
When you get off the phone you have a sense that there was something you forgot to do.
Oh yeah, I was heading to the car to get my calendar (45 min. ago!).
On the way to the car through the laundry room you notice the dryer is done.........
This is why I feel like I never actually accomplish anything.
I have coined this problem I have as MIADD: Mommy Induced Attention Deficient Disorder.
It's what happens when you are in charge of not only your stuff but the house, your husband and your kids and for me that is a lot. Unfortunately there is only one cure and it just won't work for me. I'd like to keep all the little reasons this happens around, at least for 2o or so more years....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

5 people joined the party:
Yes....I have a severe case of MIADD!
Yes, that totally describes my life. I am so glad you finally put a title to my problem. It is probably a title that fits most Mommies. I look forward to sharing our China Journey that will start is a little less than two weeks!!! Woo HOO!!!
hehehe! I love this!
Totally been there … TODAY!
Thanks for the tip on colors. I definitely have new towels (in the same colors) on my list. Right now we have towels that aren't worn so I feel guilty, but I'm thinking I'm going to have to save up some BBB coupons and get those towels!
I am thinking of getting some plastic tubs (if I can find them in the colors) and having a "if I find it and it is yours, it is going in your tub; when tub is full, it is going to goodwill!" *SMILE*
I loved your post today. I and I am sure just about every other Mother out there can so relate. I was afraid you were going to say you left groceries though. Yeah, BTDT.
YES!!!!! ME!!!!!!! LOL I too have left the refrigerated groceries in the van...outside on a 100 degree day. *sigh*