July 30, 2010
Today I'm on my soapbox.If I had a dollar for every person who has told me how great it is that we adopted Lily or expressed interest in adoption but has not made any step towards it I could probably fund another adoption. Everyone thinks it's a great idea but not for them. Why? Adoption IS a miracle. Adoption IS a blessing. Adoption is taking a chance but it is welcoming Jesus into your very home.
But if you can't or don't want to adopt you can help those who do. Lori is auctioning off an iPad to raise money for her third adoption. Go check it out here:
Or An Orphan's Wish, the organization I volunteer with is having a sponsor drive. They are striving to gain 100 new sponsors for their kids in China who need special care. Right now you receive a cool t-shirt if you sign up and for each new sponsor the volunteer that referred them gets their name in a drawing for a trip to China to visit these precious children. Check it out:
http://www.anorphanswish.org/what-you-can-do/100-sponsors-in-100-days
And if I haven't interested you yet then maybe you could simply pray for an adoptive family, or pick a orphan to pray for that they will have a family. There are many ways you can support the 147 Million orphans in the world. After all 147 is a lot of kids...
But if you can't or don't want to adopt you can help those who do. Lori is auctioning off an iPad to raise money for her third adoption. Go check it out here:
Or An Orphan's Wish, the organization I volunteer with is having a sponsor drive. They are striving to gain 100 new sponsors for their kids in China who need special care. Right now you receive a cool t-shirt if you sign up and for each new sponsor the volunteer that referred them gets their name in a drawing for a trip to China to visit these precious children. Check it out:
http://www.anorphanswish.org/what-you-can-do/100-sponsors-in-100-days
And if I haven't interested you yet then maybe you could simply pray for an adoptive family, or pick a orphan to pray for that they will have a family. There are many ways you can support the 147 Million orphans in the world. After all 147 is a lot of kids...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

1 people joined the party:
A big thumbs up! :)