March 2, 2010
I have to write this now before I forget....
Lily came home today from school with a letter. At her school they have a in-school post office. You can write letters to kids from other classes and they receive them in the 'mail'. Lily's letter was from a little boy who lives in our neighborhood. It said, You are my best frind, I love you. I couldn't resist teasing her and saying, "Lily has a boyfriend" to which she abruptly replied, "NOOOOO"! This apparently has sparked a little curiosity. A conversation we had later proves that...
L- Mommy have a boyfriend?
M- No, Mommy has a husband.
L-No.
M- Yes, I do. Your daddy is my husband.
L- No.
M-Do you know what a husband is?
L-No.
M-( I then explain how mommy met daddy and we feel in love and got married and now we are husband and wife)
L-Fall in Love? (to which she acts out falling to the floor)
M- Laughing I say not really falling. We just loved each other.
L-You and daddy kissing?
M-yeah, momma and daddy kiss
She ponders that thought for a minute and then we regress...
L-Mommy have a boyfriend?
Maybe she means have I ever had a boyfriend other than daddy, who knows? She is not the least bit interested in boys, yet. I am thankful for that.
Lily came home today from school with a letter. At her school they have a in-school post office. You can write letters to kids from other classes and they receive them in the 'mail'. Lily's letter was from a little boy who lives in our neighborhood. It said, You are my best frind, I love you. I couldn't resist teasing her and saying, "Lily has a boyfriend" to which she abruptly replied, "NOOOOO"! This apparently has sparked a little curiosity. A conversation we had later proves that...
L- Mommy have a boyfriend?
M- No, Mommy has a husband.
L-No.
M- Yes, I do. Your daddy is my husband.
L- No.
M-Do you know what a husband is?
L-No.
M-( I then explain how mommy met daddy and we feel in love and got married and now we are husband and wife)
L-Fall in Love? (to which she acts out falling to the floor)
M- Laughing I say not really falling. We just loved each other.
L-You and daddy kissing?
M-yeah, momma and daddy kiss
She ponders that thought for a minute and then we regress...
L-Mommy have a boyfriend?
Maybe she means have I ever had a boyfriend other than daddy, who knows? She is not the least bit interested in boys, yet. I am thankful for that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

3 people joined the party:
Hey Jennifer- I read your last post and know exactly how you feel about the waiting and feeling like it will never come. We experienced that with Cate and made it through. And here we are, feeling as though the wait for LOA will never end. But praying that it does soon. Please keep in touch. Love, Kim
Hee hee!!! That is priceless! I can just see her asking you these questions!
Love it!!!
Sharon :)
Sweet Lily, so much is still new . . .
Jennifer ~ I am thrilled that you are now sharing life with a daughter! Boys are great ( they are the majority at my house too), but oh to have a girl to share the girlie side of life with. Isn't it precious?
Blessings to you ~
Tina
~ Sending up a prayer for a job for John! Lord, let it happen soon!