March 22, 2010
I've thought about posting but I've just been busy enjoying some time off of work. I have eight days off, 6 out of 7 on (YUCK!) and then 13 off (yeah!). I still struggle constantly with whether or not my job is a right fit for me. I have looked recently just to see what is out there and there's not much. Ideally I would like a day job that required me to work < 5 days a wk and only while the kids were in school and make as much money as I do know. Does that job exist? I hope so.
John is still looking for a job. He has been working for a friend and thankfully making enough money that it still feels like he is working his old job. We are facing some decisions soon about insurance, and living expenses to cut. We will do what we have too and probably learn that we can live without those things anyway.
Weeks ago I mentioned I was doing the Great Weight Loss Challenge at work. It is going pretty well. I have found a combo that is working for me, Weight Watchers online and Couch to 5K. I have lost 10 pounds so far and want to lose at least 30 more. I don't think I will win the contest at work but it has motivated me to lose and that is most important, to be healthy.
Last night Lily woke me up at 1:30 am. The is the first time she has EVER woken us up at night so I knew something was up. She had a tummy ache. I tried numerous things and it was still hurting. After being up for an hour I felt helpless then she looked at me and asked if she could get on the floor. At this point I would have let her sleep about anywhere so I said yes. I fixed her a little spot on the floor and she laid on it. A few minutes later she said her tummy was a little bit better, bed too soft, floor is better. Within minutes she was a sleep again. I would never have thought the floor would be the trick. It made me think about how she didn't like her bed when we brought her home. It was too soft (and it really isn't that soft by our standards) and she would sleep on the floor. She did this for a while then would spend just part of the night in her bed and then move to the floor. Gradually she stayed in the bed all night and she seemed to be used to it. I was surprised last night but so relieved it gave her some comfort she needed.
Yesterday I was cleaning and throwing some of the kids school work out. I was about to throw Lily's assignment away, proud that she made a 100 on it. When I happened to turn it around I saw she had written on the back of her test ; my mom is great and sweet me daddy is funny and great. She is always thinking about us, she is so sweet and great!
Noah started soccer this past weekend so we will be out at the soccer field on Saturdays for the next few months. I just love soccer and watching him play. He took a few years off to do other things so we are glad to be back at soccer, especially in this great spring weather. I'll post pictures soon.
Soon unbelievably we will celebrate our 1 year Gotcha Anniversary with Lily. As this time approaches I want to share some from our journey for those that have joined us after Lily was home and add some more of the stuff I didn't have time to talk about or didn't want to on our memory blog at My Adoption Website. At this time last year we were desperately waiting on our TA still, we waited a long time and then were delayed for the big fair in Guangzhou and I was so scared the swine flu would delay us. It had just started and had not been found in China yet as we were to travel so I was worried China would stop families from coming to adopt for a while. Thankfully they didn't!
John is still looking for a job. He has been working for a friend and thankfully making enough money that it still feels like he is working his old job. We are facing some decisions soon about insurance, and living expenses to cut. We will do what we have too and probably learn that we can live without those things anyway.
Weeks ago I mentioned I was doing the Great Weight Loss Challenge at work. It is going pretty well. I have found a combo that is working for me, Weight Watchers online and Couch to 5K. I have lost 10 pounds so far and want to lose at least 30 more. I don't think I will win the contest at work but it has motivated me to lose and that is most important, to be healthy.
Last night Lily woke me up at 1:30 am. The is the first time she has EVER woken us up at night so I knew something was up. She had a tummy ache. I tried numerous things and it was still hurting. After being up for an hour I felt helpless then she looked at me and asked if she could get on the floor. At this point I would have let her sleep about anywhere so I said yes. I fixed her a little spot on the floor and she laid on it. A few minutes later she said her tummy was a little bit better, bed too soft, floor is better. Within minutes she was a sleep again. I would never have thought the floor would be the trick. It made me think about how she didn't like her bed when we brought her home. It was too soft (and it really isn't that soft by our standards) and she would sleep on the floor. She did this for a while then would spend just part of the night in her bed and then move to the floor. Gradually she stayed in the bed all night and she seemed to be used to it. I was surprised last night but so relieved it gave her some comfort she needed.
Yesterday I was cleaning and throwing some of the kids school work out. I was about to throw Lily's assignment away, proud that she made a 100 on it. When I happened to turn it around I saw she had written on the back of her test ; my mom is great and sweet me daddy is funny and great. She is always thinking about us, she is so sweet and great!
Noah started soccer this past weekend so we will be out at the soccer field on Saturdays for the next few months. I just love soccer and watching him play. He took a few years off to do other things so we are glad to be back at soccer, especially in this great spring weather. I'll post pictures soon.
Soon unbelievably we will celebrate our 1 year Gotcha Anniversary with Lily. As this time approaches I want to share some from our journey for those that have joined us after Lily was home and add some more of the stuff I didn't have time to talk about or didn't want to on our memory blog at My Adoption Website. At this time last year we were desperately waiting on our TA still, we waited a long time and then were delayed for the big fair in Guangzhou and I was so scared the swine flu would delay us. It had just started and had not been found in China yet as we were to travel so I was worried China would stop families from coming to adopt for a while. Thankfully they didn't!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

0 people joined the party: