March 9, 2010
Lily and Wyatt have found a way to melt my heart and put there new found love of writing to good use...notes to mom.
Wyatt's usually go something like this..
mom you r supr and great and wow and awesome and cool ( he'll have no trouble learning txting will he?)
Some days I may get 5 or more in a day from him.
Lily doesn't want to be shown up so she has upped the ante a bit but because she doesn't know enough words she copies things she thinks would be appropriate for a note to me. Some things make sense and some are down right funny. Either way these notes are so special and I have saved everyone (almost). One recently I rec'd went like this...
I love you mommy
Vermont and Texas and Indiana and Nevada
and Idaho and Pennsylvania and Nebraska and Florida
and Ohio and Delaware Georgia California Kansas Utah
Sweet
Yep, she copied names of states in my love note. It gave me such a great laugh (not in front of her of course)
More often though she will use things she copies that make sense like a shirt she has that says; My Mom Rocks, she knows what that means.
This is my favorite part of kids learning to read and write. Precious and Priceless.
Wyatt's usually go something like this..
mom you r supr and great and wow and awesome and cool ( he'll have no trouble learning txting will he?)
Some days I may get 5 or more in a day from him.
Lily doesn't want to be shown up so she has upped the ante a bit but because she doesn't know enough words she copies things she thinks would be appropriate for a note to me. Some things make sense and some are down right funny. Either way these notes are so special and I have saved everyone (almost). One recently I rec'd went like this...
I love you mommy
Vermont and Texas and Indiana and Nevada
and Idaho and Pennsylvania and Nebraska and Florida
and Ohio and Delaware Georgia California Kansas Utah
Sweet
Yep, she copied names of states in my love note. It gave me such a great laugh (not in front of her of course)
More often though she will use things she copies that make sense like a shirt she has that says; My Mom Rocks, she knows what that means.
This is my favorite part of kids learning to read and write. Precious and Priceless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

2 people joined the party:
That is sooooo sweet!!! I can't wait to see all of you again!
I get little notes from Brinley and Bailey too. Brinley copied words out of a magazine one time and I couldn't figure out what she was trying to say because I didn't know she'd copied it. When I said, "Oh, this is nice!" She said, "Mom, that's my grocery list." :::eyeroll::: LOL
How sweet and precious, Jennifer. Love the note from Lily where she copied the states - that is simply priceless!
Hope to see all of you again soon.