February 9, 2010
we had a very important appt. for Lily yesterday. we had to meet with a geneticist. apparently that is the speciality that holds the answer as to whether or not she has a bone disorder. i picked lily up from school and barely made it there on time. Greenwood Genetics is downtown and it has been a long time since I had been there so I underestimated how long it would take. the office was very nice, friendly and on time (yeah!). first a genetic counselor came in and asked a bunch of questions. sadly many of them i don't know. the first 3 years of her life are a mystery. soon after that the geneticist came in. she was wonderful. she developed a good rapport with lily right off. matter of fact lily was quite charming at the office and she was asking me about adoption before we left! we went over all the facts, she took a close look at lily physically and then said the best words i could have hoped to hear, " I don't think she has either". I was shocked because i was convinced she had OI (brittle bone disease). we still are not a 100% . her xrays are in route to the WORLD'S most renowned radiologist in Germany (i think-maybe Switzerland). Based on what he says we will either be done and know that she is healthy or we will have to get DNA and do genetic testing to check for the mutation. I am very encouraged. Either way we will be fine but it would be great if she was perfectly healthy.

1 people joined the party:

Waitingfaithfully said...

Praying that the reports continue to be GOOD for your sweet Lily girl!

Blessings ~

Tina