May 1, 2009

Yes! Just one more week. Next Friday at this exact time (that I am writing) our plane will take off and we will start our long journey to China. I am regularly switching between excitement and anxiousness. And sometimes both. I got a lot done off of my to do list yesterday. Not much more to do besides pack and make sure all my electronics are ready. Yesterday I went to my in laws to get them started with Skype and of course it didn't go very smoothly but finally after an hour we could talk and see each other. Now we just need to try it again with me being at home to see if they can do it and then this weekend I will get my parents set up. They are all very excited about getting to talk to and see Lily while we are in China. I just hope it will work from China, we are all not very technical.

3 people joined the party:

Waitingfaithfully said...

One week!!!!!!

So thankful to know that all is still on track. Praying for you as you make the rest of the preparations. I love Skype! It worked great for Jen and Lloyd, so you shouldn't have any problems . . . if so there should be someone around who can help with "technical difficulties"! In fact I'll just pray that!

As far as your orphanage donation goes, you could take it with you on Gotcha day if it still looks like you won't get to visit the SWI. I don't think it would be a problem to give it to the Zhuhai director at that time . . . it'll just be a lot to haul with your other gifts, etc. but it should be do-able!

I am so very excited for you and your family Jennifer!

Blessings~

Tina

Sarah said...

One week! Horray!

Jean said...

Yippee!! Only one more week! I am so excited for you! We did not see our daughter's orphanage either- I am sure that too many it is an incredible experience. I was okay with it- I was so happy to have our daughter and she was frightened to go back- so I was just fine with not going to see it. There are so many emotions- it may have been overwhelming for all of us.
We can always take our daughters back for a heritage trip!
Tomorrow is 6 days!!
Blessings,
Jean