May 26, 2009
Two things to add to the earlier post...
As you wait for your adopted child you try to imagine what they are like in person. John and I would talk about how we wondered what her voice sounded like, what she actually looked like, etc. Never in a million years would I have imagined my cute, dainty little daughter would have the loudest, and I mean loudest voice in a house full of boys. It keeps me cracking up to hear such loudness coming out of such a small young girl. (especially when it is usually in Chinese)
Also, the other day I made a sheet of math problems just to see what she knew. I was surprised and happy that she could easily do addition and subtraction problems. Now she brings me paper and pen several times a day so I can make her some practice problems. She only occasionally makes a mistake so I am glad about that!
Oh and one more thing... These are her current phrases she is using in English
Gimme Five
Good Morning
Goodnight
Sorry
Okay
I don't know
Oh my gah ( yeah I'm working on that one)
She is also starting to repeat a lot of what I say, It's so fun to see how much she is learning and so fast!
As you wait for your adopted child you try to imagine what they are like in person. John and I would talk about how we wondered what her voice sounded like, what she actually looked like, etc. Never in a million years would I have imagined my cute, dainty little daughter would have the loudest, and I mean loudest voice in a house full of boys. It keeps me cracking up to hear such loudness coming out of such a small young girl. (especially when it is usually in Chinese)
Also, the other day I made a sheet of math problems just to see what she knew. I was surprised and happy that she could easily do addition and subtraction problems. Now she brings me paper and pen several times a day so I can make her some practice problems. She only occasionally makes a mistake so I am glad about that!
Oh and one more thing... These are her current phrases she is using in English
Gimme Five
Good Morning
Goodnight
Sorry
Okay
I don't know
Oh my gah ( yeah I'm working on that one)
She is also starting to repeat a lot of what I say, It's so fun to see how much she is learning and so fast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

5 people joined the party:
it has been so much fun following you guys on this journey. please let me know if there is anything i can do for you guys!!
much love -
ashley
That is hysterical! I always joke that we can hear Austen over an entire playground of children.
Austen is a math whiz and has a Japanese friend who is her constant challenge in school. They both work several levels above grade level, and I think that is common for most Asian students math education? Anyhow, they both love Sudoku puzzles. It might be something that you can look at for Lily - they have them on the computer too, since she enjoys techie stuff!
And your post reminded me of a quote from "Mean Girls" (haha, I know), when Cady, who has transferred from Africa is asked why she loves math, replies "because it's the same in every language." :0)
What a smart girl!
Our daughter, Yana (who was 7 when we adopted her) is also the rival for the loudest in our house!
so happy for all of the o'cains! i tried to keep up on the other blog, but my sign-up expired ):
It is so amazing how loud a petite little girl can be!
It does get better! Sarahs voice fits in with ours now and if she does get loud we just remind her to talk quieter - she gets it now!
What an awesome adventure you are on!! Can't wait to hear more- reminds me of our first few months!
Blessings,
Jean