May 26, 2009
We seem to be settling in well with our new little one. She is making herself right at home and seems to be happy. She keeps herself and those around her very busy and we are having fun getting to know each other. She has met all of her extended family except my brother who lives in AZ. She is smitten with her girl cousins and loves to play with them. She has been very responsive to her grandparents, aunts and uncles and I'm sure has stolen their hearts too. She got a new bike (thanks) and some toys (thanks) and I know it makes her feel so special. Today I took her to Target to get some things for her room. She was so excited and kept putting her hand over her heart and patting it. This is her way of telling me she is excited and surprised. We bought a couple toys and some smaller shirts since she is so slim. As soon as we got home she tore into everything and put it up.
She also went to the pool for the first time with John and Sellers. With some coaxing from her cousin she did go out into the pool which shocked me. In China she would not go beyond the 3 feet section. I am glad she is liking it because we like to go swimming around here often.
Today the boys went back to school and I wasn't sure how that would go but other than asking me a few dozen times where they were she did fine. She was very happy when they came home. I am sure she is wondering if she will go to school.
Last night I lay awake worrying about her teeth. She has some severe decay in her back teeth. I am just worried about what this means for her and what she will have to go through to have them taken care of. I just don't understand how someone so young can have such decay.
Lily opening a present, she was so excited.
Lily trying out her bike for the first time.
Having her first southern cookout, hamburgers!
She also went to the pool for the first time with John and Sellers. With some coaxing from her cousin she did go out into the pool which shocked me. In China she would not go beyond the 3 feet section. I am glad she is liking it because we like to go swimming around here often.
Today the boys went back to school and I wasn't sure how that would go but other than asking me a few dozen times where they were she did fine. She was very happy when they came home. I am sure she is wondering if she will go to school.
Last night I lay awake worrying about her teeth. She has some severe decay in her back teeth. I am just worried about what this means for her and what she will have to go through to have them taken care of. I just don't understand how someone so young can have such decay.
Lily opening a present, she was so excited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

3 people joined the party:
So glad that Lily is settling in with everyone! Cute pictures!
How wonderful that you are home with Lily and she is fitting right in!
I know what you mean about the decay in the teeth. We had many many dental appts! She had a root canal and now she has a "beautiful silver " crown on he 6 yr old molar. We are watching 2 other spots for a future crown and filing- all of them are in her big teeth ;-(
I love her new bike- how exciting!!
Blessings,
Jean
Hi, Thanks so much for coming to my blog. I will send you the password! I can't wait to come back and spend some time on your blog (stalker alert :). I want to see how old Lily is. I am sure I can glean much wisdom from you! How neat about the math problems and her voice! Too funny! I can relate to that being a surprise as boys are LOUD! Oh and I loved the "southern" comment being that we had one of those southern hamburger cook-outs tonight! :)))