May 29, 2009
Lily has been home now for officially a full week. She is adjusting so well I still am just awed by it. This week as the boys went back to school she and I spent some time running errands, shopping and hanging out. I have learned she may like to shop but she has a limit and was a little agitated with me yesterday because she didn't want to go anywhere else. We went to Wyatt's school to celebrate his (almost) birthday (it's 6-15). She loved being in his class and his teacher's were nice enough to let us stay a while. She played in the centers and did a couple worksheets. She really liked it and is so eager to learn. Her nanny had told us that she loves to learn. I think she will love school next year.
Eating is going pretty well. We went to the store and she picked out a bunch of noodle packs. She eats a least one everyday. She eats it hot without letting it cool off and it drives me nuts, especially with all the slurping. We are definitely going to have to work on manners in the future! She also ate Chick-Fil-A for the first time and loved it (who wouldn't). She has surprisingly tasted many things (pimento cheese, peaches, cocoa krispies,pickles) but most of them she doesn't care for too much. She has eaten cocoa krispies a few times but I don't think she likes them if they get soggy. I know I said I wouldn't eat Chinese food for a while but we broke down and John brought some home the other night. All he got was fried rice and Lo Mein but she thought she hit the lottery. She gobbled down more than anyone! I am trying to satisfy her food needs because I remember all too well what it was like to not have the comfort foods of home!
It is amazing how much things have changed in a week. When we brought her home she did not like me to hug her, hold her (she would hold hands) or give her any type of affection. She has made great strides in this area and now does let me hug her and will spontaneously come up and put her arms around me and will climb up in my lap. I feel like she is more attached to me, better than I expected based on our first days together in China. Bedtime is still going well but now she does not like me to leave her room so I will stay with her for about 5 minutes and then leave. I am worried how bedtime will go once I start working again.
This week she has also helped me cook a lot, she got some bubbles and loved blowing them for the little guys to pop, got all excited about shucking some corn and walked down to the river at her grandparents house. She has smiled and laughed all week. She handled the boys being in school well and was so excited when they got home. She loves math and spends time everyday working problems. One night this week she even wrote on paper 1-100 in numbers and the Chinese symbol for the number. She loves puzzles and has done many. She is a girly girl and loves her bows and jewelry. The other day I took her to the craft store and we bought some stuff to make jewelry, she had fun doing that and a brother even got in on the action.


This coming week we will be staying home. I have to go back to work Tuesday. The grandparents will trade off childcare (so grateful!) and will be here about 6 hours before John gets home. I only work three days a week so I hope it goes smoothly. This is the boys last week of school so soon all the kiddos will be home, what fun! We are going to try and make this a fun summer!

Here are more pictures from the week:



Noah and Lily collecting tadpoles out of the old pool water.

Just a few of the tadpoles that were in the pool, now in my sunroom thanks to Noah and Lily.
Playing with Mason, she loves to spin him around.
Already cleaning up behind her messy brothers!
Just a cutie!

Down by the river with Poppy and Nama.Chilling by the river with Wyatt.

3 people joined the party:

Mir said...

She is so beautiful and looks so happy!! How awesome.

Sarah said...

I am thrilled that Lily is doing so well! She is beautiful.

Blessings,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

what great pictures of everyone together! crystal