June 6, 2009
We have been taking a step back and realize now we did too much too soon with Lily. Too many new people, too many experiences. She is doing great still and such a great joy but we want what is best for her and what is best for her attachment to John and I. Many people "know" Lily through our blog but please remember she does not know you and it can be quite strange to her for a complete stranger to walk up to her and call her name and touch her. We appreciate how much everyone loves her and supports us but please respect that she is going through a lot in her little head.

I am going to try and do a update tomorrow on how it is going which is great!

1 people joined the party:

Waitingfaithfully said...

Jennifer,

Just catching up with you . . . love all of the new pictures of Lily at home!

Attachment truly is a learning process for all of us--especially in the first few weeks (and occasionally even a year down the road like we are). I am sure even more so with an older child like Lily. You are doing the right thing by being sensitive to her needs first. Sometimes it's so hard to read your new child--Teddi would seemingly do great in new situations and with new people, but if we "overdid it" I would tend to see it in her behavior the following day. . . more clingyness, more crying, easily upset . . . I am sure you are learning to "figure Lily out" a little more each day. Isn't it a joy watching her grow and bloom in all of the love you are pouring into her? I'm so happy that she's HOME!!

Looking forward to your update!

Blessings~

Tina