June 1, 2008
The Mommy bird, watching us from our rooftop.
The babies we love watching.

We have had the privilege of watching a mother bird make a nest, lay her eggs and now they have hatched and are watching her raise her babies. The nest is in a little tree and with our high deck we can see down into the nest. The boys have been so interested in the nest and I often have to remind them that they need to come inside so the mommy bird can feed her babies. Noah loves to take pictures and has been photographing pictures daily to document the progression of the babies. As I was looking at the pictures he showed me the picture of the mommy bird watching from the rooftop. That picture moved me and made me think of something I was talking about with someone at the pool yesterday. It was a long conversation but the gist of it was that mommies are always watching out for their babies. We can assess a situation in seconds and notice every possible threat (and fun stuff too) to our children. As I was thinking about this it reminded me of how God does the same thing. He too is looking down on his children and keeping a watchful eye on them just like me and just like the bird. Which by the way according to Noahs research is a Mockingbird.

0 people joined the party: