November 11, 2014
Today we went back to the civil affairs office to make it final. It can be very intimidating as you are "interviewed" by officials. But since this isn't my first rodeo I wasn't in my A game and had my guard down. In the first room the lady was asking questions with a heavy accent. I answered the first two questions no problem. Then she asked something I didn't understand. I thought saying YES was safe, well hello I just said yes to the question- will you ever abuse or abandon her??? John looked at me with big eyes and I looked at the official. She was smiling. She knew I had just not understood her and I said no, no I never will. And thankfully we both laughed it off. In the second interview I either let John answer or waited for his lead. No goofs in that one. SuLi was very nervous going to the office and our guide was reassuring her we were going and leaving all together. She never fully relaxed until we were all done and walked outside. That is when I captured this:





Obviously relieved and happy. And this time when we left we got in the right van. 😉

Then we went to Walmart. It was very nice and it's one of my favorite places to go in China. We followed the same guideline here as at home. You can't get out of Walmart without spending at least $100. And that we did. But of course got a lot for our money.






























Always interesting selections to choose from. We then we spent the rest of the day playing and went to another store to buy her some shoes. The ones she came to us in are waaay too big and the ones I brought her are too small. She is a big 5 year old! So now we have some cute Mary Janes to go with anything.






She is still painfully quiet and shy but we know she will gradually open up. We've gotten a few smiles and laughs. She a sweet child.

3 people joined the party:

Anonymous said...

Love the first picture of her and John. The look on her face is just priceless - peace and relief! Can't wait to meet Little Abby!

Anonymous said...

That previous comment was me. I can't figure out how to change from Fulton's account to mine and he doesn't know his password! Jan

Football and Fried Rice said...

How big is she? She looks so little - I can't wait to see her with the other kids!