September 25, 2012
I have truly met some of the most incredible people through the process of adopting our girls. One thing people who adopt have in common is they love people and they really love people who they can share their adoption with. I can talk about issues about my bio boys with any mom friends but to have a special adoptive mom who has BTDT with adoption and its issues is a gift. I have been gifted by many friends and many adoptive friends. The way I have connected with each of them is special and unique and they all add such value to my life. Some I am able to see just by running into them at the grocery store, some I drive a mere 40 minutes to see and some I have to fly all the way to IOWA!!
Through the process of waiting for Ellery I did what any waiting mom does and Iwasted spent hours a week on the Internet. Looking up blogs, seeing what current families wait times were to travel, watching child after child come home. Somewhere along the way I visited a blog that I would link you up to here but it is no longer in service. I periodically checked the blog, knew they were adopting but didn't pay any attention to her timeline. Then one day I was on her blog and she had posted their in China travel itinerary and a blurred copy of boarding passes. I looked at it for about two seconds before I realized we had nearly the exact same itinerary, our girls were from the same province. Well if you've been around long enough in bloggy land you know there are some blogs that are. dare I say , famous? To me this was one of them. My blog was not and is not "famous" (nor do I want it to be). I reached out to her not knowing what her the reaction might be. I have done that before to another "famous" blog and it went no where. Thankfully she did respond back and we exchanged emails and eventually decided we would meet in the Hong Kong Airport. And meet in the airport we did.
We flew to Nanning together and then went our separate ways, we were staying at different hotels.
Throughout the time in China we honestly did not spend very much time together. We were with different agencies so on different schedules and excursions but we did see them some everyday. The truth is I just really liked her. She was someone I knew I would be great friends with if we lived in the same town. The last time we saw each other was during an exhausting layover in Chicago (5-6 hours) after a reaaaallllyyyy long flight home from China (thankfully on the same plane). She went home to Iowa and I went home to South Carolina.
I honestly didn't know if we would keep in touch, I am horrible at keeping in touch with people long distance. Thankfully she and I kept in touch just enough to begin to develop a friendship. You know those people that you love being around because they are fun and warm and nice and share so many of your beliefs and thoughts, that was her. We wanted to see each other again and reunite our girls but Iowa and SC are not so close ya know. Then my hubby surprised me with tickets for Ellery and I to go see them in September. I was so super excited!!
On September 9th Ellery and I arrived in Iowa and met our friends Sara and Ruby at the airport. It brought tears to my eyes to see them again and our girls instantly grabbed each others hands. Boy have they changed...
Through the process of waiting for Ellery I did what any waiting mom does and I
We flew to Nanning together and then went our separate ways, we were staying at different hotels.
Throughout the time in China we honestly did not spend very much time together. We were with different agencies so on different schedules and excursions but we did see them some everyday. The truth is I just really liked her. She was someone I knew I would be great friends with if we lived in the same town. The last time we saw each other was during an exhausting layover in Chicago (5-6 hours) after a reaaaallllyyyy long flight home from China (thankfully on the same plane). She went home to Iowa and I went home to South Carolina.
I honestly didn't know if we would keep in touch, I am horrible at keeping in touch with people long distance. Thankfully she and I kept in touch just enough to begin to develop a friendship. You know those people that you love being around because they are fun and warm and nice and share so many of your beliefs and thoughts, that was her. We wanted to see each other again and reunite our girls but Iowa and SC are not so close ya know. Then my hubby surprised me with tickets for Ellery and I to go see them in September. I was so super excited!!
On September 9th Ellery and I arrived in Iowa and met our friends Sara and Ruby at the airport. It brought tears to my eyes to see them again and our girls instantly grabbed each others hands. Boy have they changed...
In China
While we visited the mommas had lots and lots of time to talk.
And we enjoyed laughter and good times.
I included this awful picture of me just to show how much fun I had in the corn pool.
I laughed so hard my stomach hurt. Just in case you are wondering it is not easy to run across this corn pool but who knew it could be so much fun to play in.
I mean how could you not have fun in this...
We also took lots of photos of the girls. They were good sports most of the time.
And they both have these incredibly adorable dimples.
But sometimes they just weren't into it but that actually produced some cute pictures.
And sometimes they just acted silly.
But we walked away with a few gems I am trying to edit.
Loved this sweet moment.
Doesn't this picture just need a dunce hat and it would be perfect!
I am so grateful we were able to make the trip to Iowa and spent time with this awesome family.
We created a bond I hope will last a lifetime (and actually beyond!!)
Sara,
Just want to publicly say Thank You again for making us feel so welcome in your home.
We had a blast and can't wait to see y'all again and share some BOLD peanuts!
Love,
J&E
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

2 people joined the party:
Hey Jennifer,
That is so cool that you have kept in touch with your girls friends (and families)! Miss seeing y'all!Love, Kim
PS I love the pics- those dimples are too cute!
Our girls are so cute! Heck, WE'RE kinda cute too :)
I just LOVEDOVED, LOVED reconnecting with you & Ellery and cannot wait to meet the rest of your crew!!
I think we shared something special adopting our babies on the same day, from the same province. You really made Nanning possible (if you know what I mean!) I loved our Starbucks runs and making fun of the close talking, staring Chinese!
You'll always have a piece of my heart! cant wait to come to Lexington for some bold peanuts and diet coke!!
Tell John THANKS from your Iowan friends!
Love you!!
Sara