September 24, 2012
If you missed the story behind Lily and Jia you may want to visit here first to catch up.
 
 
 
Finally Lily and Jia were recently reunited and spent an evening together. She was so quiet on the 2 hr ride there, not saying a word. I can't imagine was she was thinking because anything that reminds her of China brings back so many emotions. When we turned onto their street I saw them sitting there and a big lump formed in my throat and my eyes began to water. I knew that it was going to be special but I cannot put into words how it felt to finally meet Jia and her mom in person.
 
 
 
 
At first they did not know how to act toward each other. Lily was very quiet and reserved, not saying much at all. They just checked each other out. It was so awesome.
 

 
 
It didn't take long and they were running off by themselves away from the watchful and expectant stares of their moms.
 

 
 
After some time talking we took them to the park to warm up. Lily at this point is still not saying hardly a word. I felt like it was because of me. She is always watching me to see if she is pleasing me. I don't know why. I was dying for them to see the same vivacious, silly and happy girl I live with.
 

 
 
And after the park I left. I really didn't want to. I felt like I could have sat and talked with Jia's mom
all night but I had made plans weeks before to be somewhere else that night and it just happened to be in the same town they were visiting. They drove me to meet my friends we had drove up with and it felt so odd to leave her there but I was hopeful without me around she would liven up and they would have fun.
 

 
 
 
She certainly didn't disappoint, the very first text I got from Jia's mom just minutes after I had left said that Lily was talking up a storm. I hated I didn't get to witness it but I am so happy they got to spend time together. We are committed to staying in touch and keeping these girls connected. For Lily, Jia is the only significant connection to her past she has. Jia absolutely means the word to her, not a day goes by that she doesn't talk about her friend.

2 people joined the party:

Kat said...

Ohhhhhh!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jia and her mommy! They will ALWAYS hold a special place in my heart. Our Jael just loves Jia.

What a beautiful picture of friendship that lasts...tears in eyes beautiful!!!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

I really pray you get to see Jia often! It's WILD that of all the places Jia could have been adopted to; she ends up down the road from Lily!!

AWESOME how our God works!