August 15, 2012
Surprisingly there are still some of you out there checking my blog for an update, I just can't seem to find motivation or the time. Having 6 kids home all summer and trying to work part time have kept me so busy and when I do have a few moments to myself I want to relax and do something mindless like watch Big Bang Theory my absolute latest guilty pleasure. That show is so funny and I love it!
We are doing so great and are entering our busy season of school, many birthdays, marching band and trying out (for the first time ever) 4 kids playing a sport at the same time. I may be living on the soccer field this fall.

Noah turned 15 yesterday and right this moment is taking his test for his permit. In some ways I am scared to death of him driving and in others I am so ready! He is ready and of course thinks he already knows everything. I heard a discussion between him and his dad going out the door that no he could not drive home. This boy has never been behind the wheel of a car, anywhere. He has driven our golf cart and didn't exactly do very well with that. I see driving lessons in our very near future!

This year Noah starts 10th, Sellers will be in 6th, Lily in 3rd, Wyatt in 2nd and my baby boy Mason starts kindergarten. Ellery will be home schooled preschool this year by me and my mother in law.
She is just too all over the developmental spectrum to do a school preschool right now. We will try next year. We are going to try a Biblical based curriculum called Bright Beginnings. It was highly recommended to my by one of the instructors that teaches for me. I will let you know how it goes.

I am so excited that I will be attending the Created For Care Retreat at Lake Lanier in March with 4 friends. Two moms who have long been an inspiration to me and have been to China 7 times between them and then my best friend who is in process of her home study and Dossier now. The fifth person I have not met but I know we will be blessed to have this time of fellowship as adoption moms. One friend and I are seriously looking into doing one of their mini retreats next year, I'll keep you posted.

I am still working to develop the Orphan Ministry at our church and it is coming slowly together, thank goodness I have a team member keeping me going! It is a lot to work.

I also cannot believe that I am going on September 9th to visit my sweet friend Sara. Sara and I met in China when we traveled last year for our girls. We had not known each other before hand (though I had read her blog) and were with different agencies but had almost the same exact travel plans. Our girls are both from the same Province. Anyway, even though Sara and I were both busy with 2.5 year olds in China and our husbands, we bonded enough that we have kept in touch. She is one of those people you just love right away for so many reasons. We have tried to throw together some plans since then to see each other but we live pretty far apart, either a plane ride or Looooong car ride are necessary. In July my husband surprised my with tickets for Ellery and I to visit her and her family.
I just cannot wait!!

Now for some pictures....



In July John and I went to Montana for my brothers wedding.
It was a beautiful place, one I could see myself living in.


On our way to Glacier National Park we saw a lot of these yellow fields.


John and I at Glacier National Park, truly magnificent.


My brother and sister-in-law to be.


My contribution to the wedding, a Wedding Wishes Tree.

Before....



After....


The Bride and Groom



My whole family minus my kids...





2 people joined the party:

Crystal Leaphart said...

Very Pretty! You are a very busy woman! I still look at your blog at least weekly to see if there are any new post you are such and inspiration! My daughter is 5 and she has a heart for adoption. We have talked about it but my husband does not want anymore children. Carmen is determined to adopt. She ask if I could adopt for her because that is what she wanted for her 6th birthday in November! Keep posting!

Football and Fried Rice said...

What a gorgeous location for a wedding!just thinking of any if my kids driving gives me chest pains!