March 28, 2012
Ellery has settled in very nicely into her family. She is changing by leaps and bounds everyday and we are loving her stinkin' cute personality!!



She has learned so much English that we are amazed. Unfortunately we still cannot understand a lot
of what she says because she mixes English, Chinese and things we just cannot understand. 
Her singing voice is so precious and she has learned several songs.
Recently I started singing Jesus Loves Me to her at bedtime.
Previously we had been singing Twinkle Little Star, her favorite.
Within a few nights I heard her singing parts of it around the house. She has started tapping my chin when we are rocking to communicate to me to stop or start singing or even to change songs.

This is her singing her rendition of Happy Birthday. You can recognize the tune but not the words so much. We haven't really sung this so I am guessing she became familiar with it in China.
Maybe that is where she picked up the cheek motions?
Anyway it is good practice since we will be celebrating her 3RD Birthday on her 5 Month Gotcha Anniversary! I cannot wait to celebrate her special day with her!


She has also become the Blessing police around here.
She never lets us forget to bless our food. Even today we were eating something in the car and she clasped her little hands together and asked me to say the blessing. Be.still.my.heart! How precious is she? And she would may never have known about how Jesus Loves Her, God or prayer had she stayed in China.
So grateful we again answered the call to adopt.


Ellery is very strong willed and independent. No doubt this may be as a result of spending time in an orphanage. Not only learning to do things on her own because she had no choice but also being taught to do things on her own out of necessity by those caring for her. This translates into many wonderful things for her and us but it also translates into stubbornness, disobedience, fighting (among siblings), tantrums and confusion. Confusion possibly from learning it was OK in China but not OK here. Overall, we just handle things the best we can and try to kindly teach her a different way to do things and that it is OK for people to do things for you.

I must be in charge of the hose.


I must be in charge of Wyatt's water gun.



And if I'm not....




Of course I have been a mom long enough to know. Much of this is just normal 2 yr old stuff.
And there are many more times of this...





 and this...Eating Jelly right out of the jar. Silly girl.

 (it was the bottom of the jar and I allowed her this little pleasure)


and this...Painting at the Children's Museum.



and this...Relaxing outside.




and this...My first catch!



1 people joined the party:

Lindy D. said...

I'm here from Sarah's blog. What cute pictures of Ellery... even when she is mad and chewing her hand she is adorable. I love the picture of her relaxing in the little Adirondack chair. So glad to she is doing well and you are enjoying her!