January 5, 2012
In China, Ellery did not want me to help her go to sleep.

No rocking.

No cuddling.

No holding.

No gazing into one anothers eyes.

I would try to hold her for a moment but she just wanted me to lay her in her crib and she would go to sleep.

Home and she starts letting me hold her.

Only standing.

Still no rocking.

If I try to sit in my rocking chair she freaks.

By one month I am rocking her in my rocking chair, holding her tight, gazing into her eyes.

Baby girl has let mommy in.

Her little heart has been broken so many times, passed from caregiver to caregiver.

But somehow she still allows her little heart to love someone else.

Without really knowing if this is forever or not.

Thank you baby girl for trusting me, I promise to love you forever.



Ellery loves to play with her babies. We discovered her rocking and feeding her baby
one day in the rocking chair. So sweet.
And yes, I rock old school.

3 people joined the party:

Sharon said...

Sweet, sweet baby! Don't you forget to buy her that high chair! She was in love with that thing. :)

So happy she is HOME where she belongs!

Love y'all!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Isn't love a beautiful thing? Ruby loves to sit forehead to forehead and look into our eyes; it's pretty precious.

I'm glad that miss ellery is letting y'all love on her. And I have a very similar rocker!!!

LizKemp said...

Oh, Jenn- I just got caught up. This one brought out the Kleenex! So excited to see all Ellery is learning.