December 7, 2010
When you are adopting and waiting for a little letter to come from USCIS (US citizenship and Immigration)
you are beyond excited when you see an envelope in the mail from them, just like I was yesterday.
My thought was NO WAY, they could not have processed this that fast.
And guess what?
They didn't.
They returned it. BOO. Why? Because I left blank what country we were adopting from on our I800a.
How did I and my agency miss that?? Oh well I wrote CHINA in big ole letters and paid $20 to have that
thing overnighted back to them. Never mind CHINA and our name were written on the outside of the envelope. It also had included a piece of paper for me to have on top to have it expedited so at least they are thoughtful, right?
Well if they finish if as fast as they rejected it I sure better get busy with the last pieces of my Dossier, I had been dragging my feet because I was told it would take them 2 months to approve it. Maybe not!!
you are beyond excited when you see an envelope in the mail from them, just like I was yesterday.
My thought was NO WAY, they could not have processed this that fast.
And guess what?
They didn't.
They returned it. BOO. Why? Because I left blank what country we were adopting from on our I800a.
How did I and my agency miss that?? Oh well I wrote CHINA in big ole letters and paid $20 to have that
thing overnighted back to them. Never mind CHINA and our name were written on the outside of the envelope. It also had included a piece of paper for me to have on top to have it expedited so at least they are thoughtful, right?
Well if they finish if as fast as they rejected it I sure better get busy with the last pieces of my Dossier, I had been dragging my feet because I was told it would take them 2 months to approve it. Maybe not!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

3 people joined the party:
Can't wait for your to be DTC so you can be matched with a little girl. Hoping for a quick approval!
And way to go, Lily!
Hey- I keep checking back- have you gotten your approval? Hoping so! I haven't updated our blog in weeks and I need to- our LID was 12/3 so we are anxiously waiting LOA! Keep me posted! Love, Kim
What a pain!