November 1, 2010
Hopefully today or very soon the new blog design will be up. I'm so excited about it because it is themed with one of my very favorite things!
We received our final Homestudy on Friday WOO HOO! now we are waiting for DSS to approve it and then it moves on to immigration. That process takes several weeks. While we are waiting I am preparing our Dossier. I have just about everything I need for it except 2-3 items so that will be my focus this week! I really hope we will be DTC in December but who knows!
Halloween was a blast this year. The kids had fun carving their pumpkins, going to their cousins house for a party and then our big neighborhood party. Our neighborhood does a great job with the party and has hayrides, a haunted hayride, games, tons of food, pinata and much more. Afterwards we went Trick or Treating and the kids had so much fun because everyone was out at the same time. We had so many great families move into our neighborhood and lots of new kids so we had a blast! I will post a few pics but they aren't very good. My DSLR is in the shop and my click and shoot took a lot of blurry pics.
This past Saturday I went to my first craft fair to sell my ribbons and hairbows. I thought I did very well and sold all my Christmas and Thanksgiving hair clippies! I am going to make some more and try to attend a few more craft shows. Once I make some more I will post them here and probably post them on ETSY! I have raised about $775.00 towards the $5000.00 we are trying to raise for the orphanage donation. YIPPEE!
Last night at the party there was a mom and daughter that was visiting with one of her friends that lives in our neighborhood. She had a three year old from Guangzhou that she adopted 2 years ago. This little girl was just precious! It was so cute because she took a liking to John which is interesting because he was in costume and odd looking. Anyway, she kept going up to him and saying cute things and then she wanted him to pick her up. John's face just lit up when he was holding this little girl and it made me feel so excited about us holding our little girl. I am so glad I don't have a face to put to this wait yet, it would make it unbearable!
And Lastly, if you use your debit card to buy gas and have to move to another pump because it's not working PLEASE do not forget to cancel your transaction! I discovered that the "nice" man trying to help me with the pump that was behind me waiting on diesel actually took advantage of my mistake and helped himself to a tank of gas on me. This is a hard lesson learned for me, don't let it happen to you!
We received our final Homestudy on Friday WOO HOO! now we are waiting for DSS to approve it and then it moves on to immigration. That process takes several weeks. While we are waiting I am preparing our Dossier. I have just about everything I need for it except 2-3 items so that will be my focus this week! I really hope we will be DTC in December but who knows!
Halloween was a blast this year. The kids had fun carving their pumpkins, going to their cousins house for a party and then our big neighborhood party. Our neighborhood does a great job with the party and has hayrides, a haunted hayride, games, tons of food, pinata and much more. Afterwards we went Trick or Treating and the kids had so much fun because everyone was out at the same time. We had so many great families move into our neighborhood and lots of new kids so we had a blast! I will post a few pics but they aren't very good. My DSLR is in the shop and my click and shoot took a lot of blurry pics.
This past Saturday I went to my first craft fair to sell my ribbons and hairbows. I thought I did very well and sold all my Christmas and Thanksgiving hair clippies! I am going to make some more and try to attend a few more craft shows. Once I make some more I will post them here and probably post them on ETSY! I have raised about $775.00 towards the $5000.00 we are trying to raise for the orphanage donation. YIPPEE!
Last night at the party there was a mom and daughter that was visiting with one of her friends that lives in our neighborhood. She had a three year old from Guangzhou that she adopted 2 years ago. This little girl was just precious! It was so cute because she took a liking to John which is interesting because he was in costume and odd looking. Anyway, she kept going up to him and saying cute things and then she wanted him to pick her up. John's face just lit up when he was holding this little girl and it made me feel so excited about us holding our little girl. I am so glad I don't have a face to put to this wait yet, it would make it unbearable!
And Lastly, if you use your debit card to buy gas and have to move to another pump because it's not working PLEASE do not forget to cancel your transaction! I discovered that the "nice" man trying to help me with the pump that was behind me waiting on diesel actually took advantage of my mistake and helped himself to a tank of gas on me. This is a hard lesson learned for me, don't let it happen to you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

3 people joined the party:
Hooray for the great sales at the craft fair! I am posting your fundraiser on my new advocacy blog!
Sharon
www.afamilyforeveryone.blogspot.com
LOVE your new blog design!!! I just knew it would be a monkey theme! :)
Love ya!
I love the ribbons! I know we will get some good use out of them around here! And your new blog! It's great! I am hoping and praying that DSS will hurry and send your hs on to the next step. Love, Kim