September 2, 2009
Years ago I learned of Compassion International. I have always meant to sponsor one of their children and didn't. No excuse, just didn't. As you all know by now my mind is obsessed with the children around the world. Those that are homeless, those that are hungry, those with no parents. Recently on a blog I read she talked about her "other" children. I felt convicted yet still did nothing. This week our local Christian radio station started a drive for the children on Compassion International. I felt convicted again. Today I did something about it. I felt overwhelmed when I went on their site to select a child. Too many. But as I expected I found the child I wanted to sponsor. I was first drawn to her name, Jenifer. Then her beautiful face and then to the little red heart on her picture. After realizing that meant that she has been waiting for a sponsor for over 6 months I could look no further. This child needed me and my $38 more than I need a new piece of clothing every month. Which is what I will give up. Or just taking my lunch to work would make it up. But it doesn't matter, she needs it and I have it. Hop on over to there site if you haven't yet, there are plenty more, waiting....


Isn't she a cutie?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

0 people joined the party: