September 27, 2009
Lily has developed some sense of God while home. She goes to church regularly and we have talked about God a good bit. Sometimes she will say things like "how did God make the sun?" and tonight she asked me, "does God sleep?", "does God take a bath?". When I told her God doesn't have to sleep and he probably doesn't take a bath she said, "God stink?". Once as we were driving with the sunroof in the car open she looked up and pointed and said, "hello God". I am not surprised by this, the Bible says we must accept Christ with childlike faith. This means we should not think too hard about it, just accept it. Somehow children are just able to. She has only just heard about God and is learning about Jesus yet it is obvious she thinks about them and accepts them. With our other kids having been in church since birth seeing her childlike faith, new at 8, is so refreshing to me. Her questions and comments are just so cute, and they make me think.

1 people joined the party:

Waitingfaithfully said...

Lily's childlike faith is precious Jennifer. I can certainly see how she keeps you thinking. I love the way God uses our children to speak to our hearts!

Thanks for sharing. Loved the birthday pics and the "Oh my cow" post too! It sounds like your sweet girl is adjusting beautifully.

Blessings~

Tina