May 6, 2009
This is my last post before we leave. I have so much to do that my mind feels like it is going to explode. I am just home from work (1230 am) and can't rest thinking of all I need to do.
When I am going somewhere I always think I am more prepared than I really am until the last minute and then I realize I still have so much to do. And to make things more interesting; I have never traveled this long, never left my children this long, and have never traveled to a foreign country, never adopted, etc. so that adds a lot to the preparation for the trip. So what I am trying to say is Goodbye! I will not have time for blogs for the next few days!
Be sure to check out our travel blog at
www.myadoptionwebsite.com/lovinglily/
It is and will be password protected until we have her and she is legally ours. Not sure what day in our trip that will be. If you do not have the password leave a comment and email and I will try to get back to ya!
When I am going somewhere I always think I am more prepared than I really am until the last minute and then I realize I still have so much to do. And to make things more interesting; I have never traveled this long, never left my children this long, and have never traveled to a foreign country, never adopted, etc. so that adds a lot to the preparation for the trip. So what I am trying to say is Goodbye! I will not have time for blogs for the next few days!
Be sure to check out our travel blog at
www.myadoptionwebsite.com/lovinglily/
It is and will be password protected until we have her and she is legally ours. Not sure what day in our trip that will be. If you do not have the password leave a comment and email and I will try to get back to ya!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet our Bunch!
Blog Archive
About Me
""...once our eyes are opened,we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God,who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know,and holds us responsible to act."(Proverbs 24:12)

5 people joined the party:
Jennifer,
Just today I thought, "Oh no, I don't know if I can get on Lily's blog!" . . . and then you posted, and . . . I can't remember the password. If you can just make a quick post to the Yahoo group I'll get it from there, and then we'll all be able to keep up with you! I know some of the older girls will be so excited to see Lily get her family!
Don't stress too much about forgetting anything, as you'll be able to get pretty much anything you might need in Guangzhou. I'm sure leaving your babies behind is a bigger worry--I'm afraid I don't have any great advice for that. Hopefully Skype will help ease the ache of being apart.
A couple of things I would make sure not to leave home without . . . a sweater or sweatshirt for the airplane (I'm always cold, and that's a long time to be cold!) I also took a small blanket, so that I could have my own. Make sure too, that you have all of your camera cords, laptop cords, etc. Comfy shoes, and a rain jacket or compact umbrella--we had lots of rain last year in May! Make sure you bring your sense of adventure, especially for dining! And of course your mama's heart (with a dose of patience), so you can love, love, love on your girl! You'll do fine! I am so excited for you, and I'll be praying for you and your family, as well as for Lily, that the Lord would prepare her heart for all that lies ahead.
Blessings as you finish all of your last minute "to dos". May the Lord give you clear thinking and focus--even in the midst of your very busy household!
Can't wait to follow along!
Tina
Oh my!! I am so jealous, because I just love China! Have a wonderful trip and enjoy your daughter. I know you will!!
Blessings,
Sarah
Jennifer, blessings to you on your plane flight. See you in Beijing!
YIKES!! I don't have the password...or at least I don't think I do?? Would love to follow your journey!
PRAYING for everyone!
I am so excited for you all!
Linda T
Jennifer I would love to follow you journey.